Skin folders not visible in \Storage\.kodi\addons?
I can't find the Kodi skin files on my Pi. I'm running Libreelec. When I look in \Storage\.kodi\addons\ there are folders such as metadata.artists.universal but there is no folder for estuary or any other skin. I.e. no skin.estuary . What am I doing wrong?

This is true whether I look at the files from within Kodi or via a share on my Windows PC. (I had trouble via Windows at first because I couldn't even see the Kodi directory, but after following trogggy's instructions 224945 (thread) I can now see the hidden Kodi folder.) But it just looks like the skin files aren't there, which they obviously are because my Kodi install on libreelec is working fine.

I want to make some minor changes to the skin XML, and have tested them on a Windows installation, but now I want to update Kodi on my Pi and can't even find the current files!
The default skins (and any other default addons) are in the image you downloaded (ie in the flash partition, not storage) - any skins / addons you install yourself will be found in storage/.kodi/addons (which is where they need to be if you want to edit them).
What you'll need to do is to copy skin.estuary to storage/.kodi/addons, make your changes and restart kodi.  Pretty much the same question was asked here:
Libreelec forum
=11ptTrogggy, thanks for your fast reply. That makes sense but I’m still having a problem – now I can’t find the original files. (I bought a Pi media kit so it was pretty much all installed when I got it.) =11.0ptI booted my Pi into Raspbian OS and searched for any folder, inc. hidden, containing the word ‘skin’ but it only found the folder that contains the settings.xm file, rather than a main skin file. I’m assuming you mean that the default skin files are on a different partition of the SD card, but I don’t know how to look for that. (I have spent time googling, honest!)

Can you tell me where they might be? Thanks.
No idea with kodi on raspbian, I've never used it.
In your op you said you were using libreelec, in which case (as per the link) you'd look for /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary.  In the link the copying process (to storage/.kodi/addons) is done with ssh (eg putty) - myself I'd be more inclined to copy the skin folder with something like WinSCP, as I'm more comfortable dealing with a gui, but either works.

Which os are you actually using?
Thanks again for your input and patience! I’m running kodi on libreelec. (I originally went in the file manager on kodi, but then I thought seeing as libreelec is ‘just enough’ maybe it was hiding some of the files from me. I can boot into Raspbian, which I have never used before, but thought it was worth looking at files using its file manager in case I could see anything extra. I couldn’t.)

I’ve just re-checked. If I go into file manager of libreelec, I can see root, so go to root/usr/share/  but there is no kodi folder visible. I have a share to my pi so I can look on Windows, and it’s the same: I can see root/usr/share but no kodi folder. Of course, I’m assuming that when you say “/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary” that is equivalent to “root/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary” so maybe that’s an incorrect assumption.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin folders not visible in \Storage\.kodi\addons?0