Solved MythTV-28 + kodi-16.1 = no TV button
[Solution at the end]

I've been running this combination (MythTV-28 + kodi-16.1 on my Android-4 tablet) for some time now and it's been great.

Last night it just stopped working - no TV button on the Kodi home screen. I just get transitory messages 'Loading programs from clients' and 'Loading guide from ***something**'.

When I reboot the MythTV server, Kodi reports "PVR Information Repeating Timer deleted 'foobar'" - one for each program that has a time setting.

I can't think of anything I did to change things on either end.

This is the second time this happened - last time it spontaneously fixed itself. This time - not so much!

I tried rebooting the tablet and then disabling the LiveTV and the MythTV add on and clearing everything I could find.

I tried re-installing Kodi-16 (-17 won't run 'cos it's Android-4).

Kodi-18 on 2 other devices (a Raspberry and a fedora laptop) are running fine, so I doubt there's anything wrong with the MythTV end.

========

I fixed this while writing the post so I might as well finish it off in case anyone else runs into it.

The problem was that the /var/log filesystem on the MythTV server was full. Cleared that, restarted MythTV and all is sweet again!

Weird that kodi-18 was still working, though!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV-28 + kodi-16.1 = no TV button0