Linux No bootable device
Device: Asus Chromebox M004U

Apologies in advance if I'm not providing enough information here:

LibreElec was running properly for an extended period of time, but after recently restarting the device, I am now greeted with the black SeaBIOS screen, prompting me to press ESC for boot menu, and a cycle of the device attempting to boot from hard disk or floppy. I have tried hitting ESC on multiple keyboards and it seems that the device's hard drive cannot be found. 

In an attempt to "re-install" LibreElec, I have also tried booting from USB. It seems to launch the installer fine (though, the black screen that shows while the USB is booting shows a few errors - see attached picture), but when I select option 1 (Install LibreElec), I receive a warning saying "No devices were found."

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I've not personally experienced this but can you try booting a live ubuntu distro and have a look in gparted at the drive? Should give you a little more info and possible options to scan and fix the drive.
That could be caused by many things...

Bad cable, bad port, bad HDD. Seems your drive isn't seen anymore for whatever reason.

If you have another HDD I would use that as a test. Probably attach the old HDD to some USB enclosure and run a fsck on it. Maybe it can be repaired if it's the drive. Changing cables and ports might also help.

Did you received a BIOS update lately? If so, it's also worth to check that if any settings have been changed.
(2018-08-09, 02:51)rnseal Wrote: Device: Asus Chromebox M004U

LibreElec was running properly for an extended period of time, but after recently restarting the device, I am now greeted with the black SeaBIOS screen, prompting me to press ESC for boot menu, and a cycle of the device attempting to boot from hard disk or floppy. I have tried hitting ESC on multiple keyboards and it seems that the device's hard drive cannot be found. 

In an attempt to "re-install" LibreElec, I have also tried booting from USB. It seems to launch the installer fine (though, the black screen that shows while the USB is booting shows a few errors - see attached picture), but when I select option 1 (Install LibreElec), I receive a warning saying "No devices were found."

sure sounds like your SSD has failed.  I would install another one, then boot a Linux USB and update to my latest UEFI firmware.  Then reboot and do a fresh install of LibreELEC
(2018-08-12, 23:00)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2018-08-09, 02:51)rnseal Wrote: Device: Asus Chromebox M004U

sure sounds like your SSD has failed.  I would install another one, then boot a Linux USB and update to my latest UEFI firmware.  Then reboot and do a fresh install of LibreELEC 
 Thank you, Matt and others for the replies.

I will try a new SSD. Would you mind providing me with the specific steps for updating the firmware? I've browsed the forum and the Wiki (I may not be looking in the right place), and given the state of my Chromebox, it's not clear to me how I would go about doing this once I've "booted to a Linux USB."

Thanks again!
(2018-08-13, 22:23)rnseal Wrote:  Thank you, Matt and others for the replies.

I will try a new SSD. Would you mind providing me with the specific steps for updating the firmware? I've browsed the forum and the Wiki (I may not be looking in the right place), and given the state of my Chromebox, it's not clear to me how I would go about doing this once I've "booted to a Linux USB."

Thanks again!

at that point you would simply run either my Kodi EZ Setup Script or my Firmware Utility Script, and select the appropriate option (Install/update Full ROM firmware), and choose U for UEFI when prompted
(2018-08-13, 22:26)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2018-08-13, 22:23)rnseal Wrote:  Thank you, Matt and others for the replies.

Thanks again!

at that point you would simply run either my Kodi EZ Setup Script or my Firmware Utility Script, and select the appropriate option (Install/update Full ROM firmware), and choose U for UEFI when prompted  
Perfect, thank you. 

I also just want to confirm this works for booting to a Linux USB:

https://galliumos.org/
(2018-08-13, 22:45)rnseal Wrote: Perfect, thank you. 

I also just want to confirm this works for booting to a Linux USB:

https://galliumos.org/

absolutely, it's what I'd recommend. use the haswell-cbox image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No bootable device0