v18 Some thumbnails rotated - pictures themselves are not
Installed Librelec alpha v18 (8.90.003).

I noticed some portrait thumbnails are now shown rotated (so on their side, widescreen). Clicking on them will show the portrait picture correctly
Have deleted textures.db and reopened the folder and this issue remains.

Must add that on my laptop I always rotate pictures (using xnview, rotate based on exif value) to store them physically in the correct orientation. I do this because not all apps/devices read/use exif to rotate on the fly as needed and I want all devices/apps to show portrait pictures as portrait

In libreelec 8.2.5 (based on Kodi v17) this all worked fine. Also as a check windows 10 (file explorer) shows all picture thumbs correctly.

Happy to post logs or test, but the thumbs are generated once so not sure what actions to log that might help.
It is a known issue.

@fritsch is yet to look into the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-08-09, 12:59)Karellen Wrote: It is a known issue.

Thanks for the quick reply. Happy to test if it helps.
(2018-08-09, 12:59)Karellen Wrote: It is a known issue.

Have now moved to Libreelec alpha 5, issue still here. Couldn't find the issue so perhaps still in progress so thought I would mention.
Also in picture view many movies don't get thumbnails.
I haven't seen any talk of work to rectify this bug, so I don't expect it to be fixed for v18 at this stage.

A friendly reminder @fritsch
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-10-09, 21:32)Karellen Wrote: I haven't seen any talk of work to rectify this bug, so I don't expect it to be fixed for v18 at this stage.

A friendly reminder @fritsch
 Will happily post logs or submit bug report if needed but seems already known. Let me know if I can help with anything further.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some thumbnails rotated - pictures themselves are not0