Metadata issue
Hi, new to this forum but have been using TinyMediaManager for a while now and have recently run into some issues. My workflow for adding new movies is as follows (I know it my be archaic but....if you have suggestions)
  1.  rip movie to mp4
  2. move the movie to my media server. 
  3. update the Data Sources 
  4. Scrape the new movies 
  5. and allow Plex to do its work. 
The issue I'm having is with iTunes. I know, who doesn't have problems with iTunes however everything was working fine except recently when I noticed that movies were being added to the iTunes library (iTunes doesn't touch the movies just the location) they end up in the Home Movies section as there is no Metadata for it to read. I have confirmed this issue using metaMovie. When I load a movie into metaMovie it shows that there are in fact not Tags. I then have to tag the movies using MetaMovie which seems a bit redundant when Tiny Media Manager used to do that function for me. The weird part is that all the correct Tags in Tiny show correctly it seems that they are just not being written to the file anymore. 

Perhaps i'm doing something wrong or perhaps the format of the movies I have ripped recently has changed somehow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Dave
Not doing anything wrong - we simply do not write tags.

This has always been discussed inside TMM team for ages, but we're still against writing them.
Mainly because we do not want to change the file/hash.

Although we can see the benefit of having inline tags, it has several drawbacks on other side.
Like subtitle scraping, which heavily depends on the correct hash.
Or sync scripts for backup,
Or for identifying the file...

Tag support on various file formats is also very limited and different - and you really need to keep a matrix, what when where you could write.

So from TMM side this will probably not happen in near future...
But we're still open for discussion Smile
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2018-08-10, 08:43)myron Wrote: Not doing anything wrong - we simply do not write tags.

This has always been discussed inside TMM team for ages, but we're still against writing them.
Mainly because we do not want to change the file/hash.

Although we can see the benefit of having inline tags, it has several drawbacks on other side.
Like subtitle scraping, which heavily depends on the correct hash.
Or sync scripts for backup,
Or for identifying the file...

Tag support on various file formats is also very limited and different - and you really need to keep a matrix, what when where you could write.

So from TMM side this will probably not happen in near future...
But we're still open for discussion Smile
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense, must be a glitch with iTunes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metadata issue0