Choppy GUI navigation
Seen plenty of posts regarding this so I guess I''ll add my experience to the mix.

Machine is an Gemini Lake Pentium Silver NUC (quad core - 8 gigs of ram - 250gb SSD) running Windows 10 with both v17.6 and latest Leia nightly. I assumed that this machine should be more than powerful enough to handle the task?

My issue is that using any skin other than the default results in choppy GUI navigation. Like others, it doesnt happen all the time but its quite consistent. It will be choppy for a minute then smooth out then choppy again. I have nothing installed on this machine other than the OS and Kodi. Actual video playback is perfectly fine.

One really weird thing I notice is  if I start playing a video (either local or a live TV stream) and then switch it to the background (let it play with the GUI overlaid on top), I can navigate the GUI and everything is buttery smooth. Whats up with that?!

I can definitely post some logs but wanted to get that second part out there to see if anyone had any insights.

Thanks
(2018-08-10, 14:40)Hardax Wrote: Machine is an Gemini Lake Pentium Silver NUC (quad core - 8 gigs of ram - 250gb SSD) running both v17.6 and latest Leia nightly.
Any underlying OS with those? Windows, LibreELEC, Ubuntu, etc..?

A debug log (wiki) is always helpful with the initial hardware and software details.
(2018-08-10, 17:12)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-08-10, 14:40)Hardax Wrote: Machine is an Gemini Lake Pentium Silver NUC (quad core - 8 gigs of ram - 250gb SSD) running both v17.6 and latest Leia nightly.
Any underlying OS with those? Windows, LibreELEC, Ubuntu, etc..?

A debug log (wiki) is always helpful with the initial hardware and software details. 
Windows 10. Ill get some logs tonight after work. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy GUI navigation0