Does the sequence of control tags make any difference to skin speed? (i.e. <visible>)
A simple and possibly silly question.

As the title says. Will placing <visible> for the first line of the control speed up the skin. (i am trying to understand how kodi parses the skin xml's)
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Visible is checked every frame; includes are checked on window load.
Cheers for the info Hitcher Smile

I might not of been clear in my question, say we have these two controls with the only difference being visible in a different position.

Code:
<control type="image">
<top>10</top>
<left>10</left>
<right>10</right>
<bottom>10</bottom>
<aspectratio scalediffuse="false">center</aspectratio>
<texture diffuse="diffuse/rounded10-104x104.png" colordiffuse="$VAR[DialogTextureColorVar]">$INFO[Skin.String(DialogTexture.texture)]</texture>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(DialogSquare.texture)</visible>
</control>

Code:
<control type="image">
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(DialogSquare.texture)</visible>
<top>10</top>
<left>10</left>
<right>10</right>
<bottom>10</bottom>
<aspectratio scalediffuse="false">center</aspectratio>
<texture diffuse="diffuse/rounded10-104x104.png" colordiffuse="$VAR[DialogTextureColorVar]">$INFO[Skin.String(DialogTexture.texture)]</texture>
</control>

First code example;
Will kodi look at all the tags i.e top, left ect. Before it checks the visible condition?

Second;
Visible is first. So will kodi check the visible condition first and ignore the rest?

So it is really a question of the order of the each control tag. Does it really matter?
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
nope, doesn't make a difference. kodi will parse each line when it loads the xml file.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Cheers Ronie Smile

Thankyou
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does the sequence of control tags make any difference to skin speed? (i.e. <visible>)0