Video flickers in the background while playing in videowindow (10.8 nightly, win32)
Hi, so yesterday I tested my mod on a fresh install of leia nightly from 10.8 (win32) and had the video flickering in the background (fullsize) whenever a video was playing in window.
I thought it was a skin problem but it didn't happen before the 10.8 install and once i degraded to 7.8 it stopped.

thx.
A proper debug log and a quick summary of your hardware & connections would go a long way into discovering the issue.
(2018-08-12, 18:33)PatK Wrote: A proper debug log and a quick summary of your hardware & connections would go a long way into discovering the issue.
 for a debug log i'll need to reinstall this nightly and i rather not atm, but will try new latest soon.
hardware was g510 laptop (intel i-5, intel hd 4600 onboard-gpu) on windows 10 64-bit running media from local files (external usb hdd).
The onboard-gpu is the likey culprit, give Kodi 64bit 18.0-BETA1 a shot and paste the log if you're up to it.
(2018-08-16, 02:41)PatK Wrote: The onboard-gpu is the likey culprit, give Kodi 64bit 18.0-BETA1 a shot and paste the log if you're up to it.
I will, but isn't the 64bit ver built for the UWP (which is a total mess)? or the xbox/uwp version is a different branch...
Mentioned versions are different.
(2018-08-12, 18:03)cartman.dos Wrote: Hi, so yesterday I tested my mod on a fresh install of leia nightly from 10.8 (win32) and had the video flickering in the background (fullsize) whenever a video was playing in window.
I thought it was a skin problem but it didn't happen before the 10.8 install and once i degraded to 7.8 it stopped.

thx.
 do you mean flickering when the screen is completely black? e.g. at the beginning of the film?
a black and very dark grey flickering happens to me at full screen,

i have also thin green bands underneath screen and sometimes right screen
windows version of Kodi has a lot of bugs, latest versions do not work well also the change resolution, often stuck in a black screen, i got tired of publishing logs that are not taken into account.
I think i'll pass to the old krypton perhaps waiting for better times
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
"green bands underneath screen" smacks of video engine issues. Debug log.
@PatK, installed latest nightly (2018-Aug-19) again yesterday for win32.
Issue persists... Here's the log - search ''trailer'' for where video starts playing...
For the purposes of this issue switch around to the default skin, disable the script.skin.helper.service add-on, and see if there's any joy. With your porcessor it's quite possible to run with software rendering (give that a go). Looking at your graphic engine (2013 portable)., although newer than my 10 year old AMD, the actual comparision shows it's slower than my set-up which is at best challanged these days, so I would be looking to either increase the graphic allotment or utilizing the CPU to make up for inefficiencies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video flickers in the background while playing in videowindow (10.8 nightly, win32)0