• 11(current)
Using a VPN- Merging Thread
The VPN policy was linked above. It coontains all necessary info one might need to what is ok and what not. No need to promote the usage of a VPN as mostly, in regard of Kodi, the usage of a VPN is related to some, let's call it "grey zone area activity".

We also don't need an explanation what a VPN is and what it might be used for. Those topics are properly handled at the specific wikis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network for example) or at a bunch of How-tos all over the net.

All I ever read about anything "Best Kodi ..... (whatever)" (might it be themes, add-ons, builds) is mostly related to stuff we have on our banned list.

So tbh, we don't spend a single second to re-think the VPN policy we have as Kodi does NOT need a VPN to work properly and in the way it's meant for.
(2019-06-25, 08:41)techguy4557 Wrote: Followings are the use of VPN:

I think you will serve your purpose best on Wikipedia, and not here. Putting this type of 'explanation' on our forum in your 1st post will get you attention from moderators.
i think that i will be looking in to vpn
https://www.news.com.au/technology/onlin...ed9a212897
The National Broadband Network has raised a potential price hike for internet companies to provide streaming services such as Netflix
(2019-08-02, 01:27)Amelia742 Wrote: Don't use a VPN it's not secure and it makes your device very slow.

It sounds like you have a massive knowledge of this VPN thing you speak of. Would you care to elaborate on your findings?
I find myself forced to use a vpn half the time  because more and more websites rather than just comply with European regulations on cookies etc are now just putting up "Site not available in Europe" signs.. 

And USAToday (and all its subsidiaries so places like MMAJunkie) block ALL media on its pages outside the US, this even includes embedded tweets and instagram posts.. Big Grin

But, im not browsing those sites using Kodi Big Grin Why anyone would want to slow down media by putting a vpn on I dont know..
Hello,

I am talking here about the legitimate netflix add on for account holders.

When I use the Kodi Netflix addon with IPVanish VPN, things seem to work o.k.

I am now trialling NORD VPN

Doing the same thing with this VPN and  this time it appears to connect, and the play symbol appears in the top right corner, and then the feed stops?

Anybody any ideas?

If not an easy fix , can post logs ( not here )

Many Thanks
Keith
(2019-08-12, 21:15)pootler Wrote: I am talking here about the legitimate netflix add on for account holders.

Please have a look at our legitimate VPN policy (wiki) as well.
I wish to connect to my Uk account when I am abroad.
I don't believe there is anything  that kodi should be concerned about from a legal point of view
We don't support the use of Kodi through VPNs or when VPNs are active on the device. Please read the policy linked above for details. Kodi does not require any VPN to operate, and the use of such to bypass stuff like geolocking is against our forum rules (wiki) and is specifically not supported here.

If you want help or support for VPNs, then go talk to the people you're paying to get them, as that's at least in part what you're paying for.

Thread moved to off-topic for the moment.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-13, 13:05)DarrenHill Wrote: We don't support the use of Kodi through VPNs or when VPNs are active on the device. Please read the policy linked above for details. Kodi does not require any VPN to operate, and the use of such to bypass stuff like geolocking is against our forum rules (wiki) and is specifically not supported here.

If you want help or support for VPNs, then go talk to the people you're paying to get them, as that's at least in part what you're paying for.

Thread moved to off-topic for the moment.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I understand kodi,s situation with third party legality, but ifear you are too quick to tar everyone with the same brush.
Money is not evil,for exmple, iti is how you use it.
The same with a vpn.
There are legitimate reasons for using a vpn with ANY software, not just kodi.

Pootler
Yup but simple logic works 3 ways.

1) if you’re using a commercial paid VPN service then you’re paying them for support.

2) if you’re using a free commercial VPNservice then you’re still paying in other ways and they should support you in lieu of the data they’re harvesting and the ads etc they’re flinging.

3) if you’re smart enough to home brew, then you’re smart enough to either fix it yourself or find the correct product forum to ask (ie not here)

Also note that we don’t treat VPNs as banned (except when used for purposes which themselves violate our other rules). We just don’t support them. The threads that don’t violate the rules in other ways come here to off topic, not into the bin.

If an issue comes up and a VPN is in use then we ask for replication with it turned off. But we do not require or request removal.

We have no argument that there are real uses for VPNs, but in itself Kodi doesn’t require them for its use. Hence why I put the aforementioned policy together to be clear on the subject.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
because they are in a restricted region or want to access restricted areas. I'm using to enter some sites I am curious about but dont want to show my IP.
Which we do not support - see the policy.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-19, 23:29)IDEApro Wrote: I also forgot about ...

You meant to say you also forgot to add a hidden download link in your post. That's considered a big boo-boo here.

We don't like spam of any kind. You can spam any of your Russian websites, not ours.
In short, your time is up.

Goodbye.
I have installed Kodi on my Android TV box. Which VPN is recommended to use for Kodi?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a VPN- Merging Thread0