• 13(current)
Using a VPN- Merging Thread
(2016-09-10, 22:54)duduamar Wrote: Hi

I am using Kodi on Linux Mint and I'm using PIA (PrivateInternetAccess) VPN. I am able to download add-ons, but when trying to search for subtitles (OpenSubtitles in particular), I get no results. When I disconnected from the VPN it works.
How can I configure it to work properly with PIA?

Thanks
Simply, it is your vpn error, may be your vpn not supported. So please removed it.
@jessicabrobert

Stop posting utter nonsense.
Nearly all your posts are absolutely useless.
You have been warned, keep this up and you will be banned from this forum.
If your goal is to up your post count, you will be banned as well.
I'm trying out the Zomboided VPN Manager for use with Kodi (link) ... It works fine but the issue is when the VPN connection is made, all traffic on the OS (Linux Raspbian Buster) is routed through the VPN ...... Is there any way to limit the VPN to just Kodi or any add-on within it ?
@ahmadka

We do not provide support for VPN's as Kodi works perfectly fine without one.

I suggest you contact your VPN provider for assistance.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You have an option to go with self hosted vpn which is little technical. There are some useful guide to help you to create a self hosted vpn like
https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/1/182221...ty-privacy
https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-set-...-use-a-vpn
I started using *BLEEP* a few months ago and it works well. With its help I have access to the blocked websites and can keep my data safe. Anyway I think vpn is a must have purchase today, as internet security is a serious issue.

* URL removed by moderator *
If you install *BLEEP* from our site and just download the*BLEEP* or read it on this forum, you should be safe. If you are using something like free movie providers and free tv shows including copyright and copyright infringement piracy, that's another story. Since the plugin is not compromised, don't use any tools as they can analyze your data, use your hardware to decode bitcoin, and so on. Our add-ons affect some controls while you do others.
(2020-09-13, 17:51)ulrichneilson Wrote: If you install ...

Two things:
- This forum is not meant for implementing any religious texts, so please refrain from doing that from now on.
- This forum is not meant for advertising your VPN software in any way. There are other web solutions for that.
(2020-09-13, 17:51)ulrichneilson Wrote: If you install *BLEEP* from our site and just download the*BLEEP* or read it on this forum, you should be safe. If you are using something like free movie providers and free tv shows including copyright and copyright infringement piracy, that's another story. Since the plugin is not compromised, don't use any tools as they can analyze your data, use your hardware to decode bitcoin, and so on. Our add-ons affect some controls while you do others vpn.(bleep)
You have an option to go with self hosted vpn which is little technical. There are some useful guide to help you to create a self-hosted vpn like
@ulrichneilson

You've earned yourself your final warning. Apparently you are a bit hard of hearing.
One more VPN advertisement and your forum account will be closed.
For those who come here for guidance, kindly first read Kodi's VPN policy (wiki) before asking your question(s).
(2021-02-06, 16:42)Klojum Wrote: For those who come here for guidance, kindly first read Kodi's VPN policy (wiki) before asking your question(s).

I think using VPN is a good choice nowadays since that internet security and privacy are really important. 
Due to covid, I have to work remotely, most of time, I have used the <removed> and <removed>.
For more reference, I think you can check out this:

<links removed by moderator>
vpns are a wonderful thing. that being said for legitimate Kodi usage within legal boundries there is zero reason to need one. with very few exceptions if you need a vpn for "safe" Kodi usage then you are doing something illegal. it doesn't get any more black and white than that. it isn't about internet security at that point. it's about hiding whatever you are doing because one knows they shouldn't be doing it. that is why it is not supported here.

if one doesn't wish to be judged for illegal usage then don't demand help from people who have the same right to decline offering such help for illegal usage. everyone has the same rights.
What is a free VPN for Cody and how to add it please help
(2021-05-23, 10:41)piplan1966 Wrote: What is a free VPN for Cody and how to add it please help
We don't recommend or support VPN's.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a VPN- Merging Thread0