XBox Cropping Request
Cropping Request - different from Zoom

I have a home theater with an overly large screen because I love screen size above all else and when I'm in my theater all by myself I can see the whole screen.

*BUT* when it's family movie night, I like to move the image to the top so the back row can see.  Vertical Shift in Kodi works great for most movies.  But there are always problematic exceptions.

The Dark Knight, Tron Legacy, Transformers The Last Knight (what a truly awful movie) change from widescreen to 16:9 at various times during the movie.  I would like Kodi to crop all of my movies down to 2:35:1 and vertically shift them up to -1.12.  So basically get rid of the bottom and top 130-ish pixel rows.

Is there a way to do that?
Kodi isn't a video editor with cropping, but it does have some tools for aspect and sizing. Settings/System/Display (wiki) In some cases the format and aspect are more or less hard coded into the video and black bars are part of the full size aspect. Aspect Ratio (wiki) perhaps in this thread there would be a clue https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203689
(2018-08-13, 02:39)PatK Wrote: Kodi isn't a video editor with cropping, but it does have some tools for aspect and sizing. Settings/System/Display (wiki) In some cases the format and aspect are more or less hard coded into the video and black bars are part of the full size aspect. Aspect Ratio (wiki) perhaps in this thread there would be a clue https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=203689

Just seems like the vertical shift does half of what I need. Just need a similar function to black out the bottom 130 pixels.
You can leave a message in feature requests forum, if it's something that would have a wide accpetance and someone is willing to modify code, then you'll see an uptake. Suggestion would be to remux the media in bulk mode using something like handbrake for the exact size/aspect. A possible work-round might be to use the option for full screen window, then create a png transparent mask that would do the crop and keep the center transparent and some utility that would pull the mask window to the front.
(2018-08-14, 18:10)PatK Wrote: You can leave a message in feature requests forum, if it's something that would have a wide accpetance and someone is willing to modify code, then you'll see an uptake. Suggestion would be to remux the media in bulk mode using something like handbrake for the exact size/aspect. A possible work-round might be to use the option for full screen window, then create a png transparent mask that would do the crop and keep the center transparent and some utility that would pull the mask window to the front.
 so there is actually a skin that does this called "ScopeNOX" but then I can't move that cropped "box" to the top of the screen.

Baby Steps Smile
(2018-08-15, 11:28)jcwillia1 Wrote:  so there is actually a skin that does this called "ScopeNOX" but then I can't move that cropped "box" to the top of the screen.
I thought there might be something like that already, if this skin is still supported it might be possible to communicate with the author and see if some accomodation is possible. Thinking out of the box for a second, this might be worked into a add-on or skin just for this purpose. All you need is some method to bring the cropping mask to the front screen. For the vertical movement, that would be one of the devs that added it quite a while back, you would have to dig into who did it and plead your case. Or look at the skinning wiki's and get into some coding.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBox Cropping Request0