xbmc only flickering
Hi folks...

downloaded the newest windows build from sourceforge, installed, when i doubleclick xbmc.exe, it loads fine....windowed mode no problem....but as i make a shortcut and add -fs, and start in fullscreen it looks broken...i still hear the sounds from navigating but i only see a weird flikering....any help ??
btw i have a radeon 3200 onboard chipset....i think its a strange setting in the catalyst control center.....
i may also note that im having trouble with projectM: i made a folder "ProjectM" and extracted the *.milk files into that folder...but when i want to use them in xbmc , xbmc just crashes....thx for any help
Take Winamp-presets(436).zip from the Milkdrop directory and unzip it into the projectM folder.
Make sure you select projectm_win32.vis.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:Take Winamp-presets(436).zip from the Milkdrop directory and unzip it into the projectM folder.

thank you very very much, that worked....
the flickering may be to do with access to the net it happens for me when my fire wall is blocking the app, after an up date. sygate fire wall informers me that the app has changed and asks for action. After that every things all good Big Grin
WiSo Wrote:Take Winamp-presets(436).zip from the Milkdrop directory and unzip it into the projectM folder.

THANK YOU for this very helpful info WiSo! I haven't seen this documented anywhere else so it's great to finally have some nice visualisations running for listening to music.

It's a pity that it doesn't randomly change every few seconds (it seems I have to press 'tab' to switch between the vis and the music selection screen to change the vis).

seems I've found a bug.. after the vis working fine for a while now I just see a blank screen and if I press 's' to show preset, the preset is blank?

Also I was wondering about the OPs downloading the 'latest' windows build of XBMC - the latest win32 builds I can see are XBMC_win32_rev12873.zip and XBMCSetup-Rev12882.exe - are there newer ones somewhere else (other than in Experimental \ XBMC_win32 ) that I'm missing out on please?
marlboroman1 Wrote:the flickering may be to do with access to the net it happens for me when my fire wall is blocking the app, after an up date. sygate fire wall informers me that the app has changed and asks for action. After that every things all good Big Grin

no..thats not the case...firewall is turned off...Sad
upgraded to catalyst 8.5...still not able to get fullscreen working.....nobody has this problem ??
I wouldn't discount internet connection problems so quickly just because your fire wall is off dusen't mean that xbmc can connect to the net, as the fire walls purpose is to allow acsesse to the net as well as to block it. I would recommend
using sygate firewall I've never had connection problems using it for any application and its free. if you are using a router you may even have to foreword a port for xbmc (portforwarding.com) will take you through it step by step if you haven't done this before

sorry if it seem that I'm labouring the point some what as you problem may not be related connection problems. a debug log may help the deves identify the problem

ps have you tired the installer and are you getting the same problem using that as I don't think adding -fs manual is working

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc only flickering0