Works Great, but Not Quite Fullscreen
I downloaded the latest build yesterday and everything works overall like a charm. It's like coming back home again. My young kids are thrilled as well, since they are so familiar with the interface the Xbox that we used (and still do sometimes) for years.

My only issue is that unlike the Xbox output, I can't get XBMC for the PC running on an HTPC to output full screen.

I have a 50" Panny (th-50px77u) to which I'm feeding a signal using the HDMI connection. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H running a 4850e athlon x2.

In Windows Vista MC I would normally have the same situation, but I use the catalyst driver from ATI to correct this by forcing overscan so that the picture fills my screen. It looks wonderful and nicely fills up the entire screen.

But, when I run XBMC, it seems to ignore the ATI catalyst settings and applies the 1280x720 settings, which makes the picture somewhat smaller (the TV resolution is 1366x768). I'm struggling with my fondness for XBMC, versus being annoyed by the borders surrounding the picture.

Am I missing a simple tweak or setting here? Does anyone else run XBMC from an HTPC setup via HDMI into a 1366x768 plasma that is able to get full screen? If so, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Works Great, but Not Quite Fullscreen0