NAS on another network
Hi
I have a Raspberry Pi 3, and I am using LibreElec
My father have a NAS at his home, with a lots of movies
I want to connect to his NAS with my LibreElec, and I dont want to use 3rd parts apps like Plex or Emby
I want it directly in my LibreElec.
How can I do this?
Can anyone give me a tutor/step by step how to do this?
I think I must go in movies-add source, but what more?
The  ip adress on his NAS, is like 84.xxx.xxx.xxx:8096
I would find out what brand/model of NAS he has, and see if it has a "VPN Server" application available on it.  If so I would get the vendor's documentation on setting up the VPN Server.  I suggest using OpenVPN as the method of connecting your client to the server.  You would then set up OpenVPN on the Kodi device to connect to the NAS VPN Server.  TBH I'm not sure if you can use the SMB folder share protocol over the VPN (or get decent speed through the VPN), otherwise probably NFS is a good alternative.  Either protocol can be used in Kodi to access the folders/files (see Kodi wiki to see how to add a networked video media source).  This assumes you can ping his home network router.

I guess WebDAV or sftp might be alternatives to setting up a VPN server.

scott s.
He has a Synology DS216play.
Can you give me step by step how to do it?
(2018-08-16, 11:57)Masterson2017 Wrote: Can you give me step by step how to do it?
We are here to provide direct support on the Kodi application and its workings with local drives and/or network, and possibly some (IP)TV. What you want is setting up a WAN connection that also will include changes in your router setup (opening/changing ports, etcetera), as well as the already mentioned servers by scott967. That is pretty much beyond the scope of Team Kodi's support.
Moved the topic to 'Kodi related discussions' forum section.
You have an step by step tutorial here: https://the-man-cave.es/conectarse-al-na...estra-lan/
But in spanish

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NAS on another network0