Android boost center channel when downmix
Hi guys ,

I ve search on many forum but it seems this option is not in kodi original version  (only fork like SPMC etc...)
I dont have homecinema ,I ve  only my TV (so only 2.0) and unfortunately on many movies, voice are too too quiet and explosion too too loud : I must raise up or raise down the sound constantly Sad
I know there is an option : Maintain original volume on downmix but it s not good enough on many movies.
If u have any ideas to improve voice in movies (5.1 or 7.1 or course)  or perhaps this option will be in kodi 18 ?
I post in android because I play with my shield TV (with latest Krypton version 17.6) but I ve also the problem with my HTPC with windows 10 and lastest Kodi version too.

Best regards
From my own personal notes (based on the Shield TV)...

=12.0pt- Stereo upmix should be OFF
-           However, you can enable Stereo upmix, it just outputs stereo sound to all speakers instead of the front. May be useful if you have to crank the volume to hear people talking. However, if you have a Receiver, don’t enable this feature.
- Maintain original volume on downmix should be ON

1. =12ptIf you notice that Music (or really any video playing) is quiet, you can amplify the output by doing the following…
    - Start a Video, and bring up the OSD screen, go to Settings – Audio and Subtitle Settings
    - Go to Volume Amplification and turn it up.
    - This is a Global Setting and will work for everything.
    - If you are using Pass-Through (to a Receiver) then this solution will NOT work.

Really the only other solution you have is, get a 5.1 or 7.1 sound system and use it instead of the speakers on the TV (which are generally horrible anyway). See the following (and watch the Youtube video)...
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/957...sound-bar/
I used to use LibreElec on a RaspberryPi. It has a center channel level control, so it can be done.
I would like to see this in Android also.
thank u very much guys for all yur answer.

@Powerhouse : I know the best should be to get an 5.1 or 7.1 system but actually , I cant Sad

@thewarm : indeed , Librelec has the boost center channel control , it would be very great if the dev team of kodi could add this feature on official release of kodi !
(2018-08-17, 20:48)marcaurellexxx Wrote: @thewarm : indeed , Librelec has the boost center channel control , it would be very great if the dev team of kodi could add this feature on official release of kodi !
This literally just went in tonight into the Kodi master. Check out the nightlies from tomorrow onwards to test.

The setting looks a little complicated I think compared to a simple boost, but I think it does the same thing.
Yes !!!! thank u very much !!!! great great news !!!
hi docwra
I downloaded the lastest nightlies , But I dont find the feature in system/audio option.
any idea where I can find this new feature ?

Thank you for everything !
(2018-08-22, 13:41)marcaurellexxx Wrote: hi docwra
I downloaded the lastest nightlies , But I dont find the feature in system/audio option.
any idea where I can find this new feature ?

Thank you for everything !
Its in OSD >> Settings >> Audio Settings >> "Downmix: Center Mix Level".
yessss , I found it , thank u very very very much !
Great option , now I can hear the voice perfectly on my TV.
It s so great , I love kodi , the best !!!!!

edit : works great , both on my nvidia shield TV and my HTPC under windows 10 with latest nightlies
The setting does not 'stick' from session to session on Android Leia 18 Beta. It's the same for both my Shield (Oreo) and my Bravia TV (Nougat).
Hi

I confirm the problem on shield or windows htpc , setting is lost if we close Kodi (even when we select : apply for all media)
I think it will be good if this setting appears directly on parameters/audio under kodi settings (not on audio options during movie playback)
(2018-09-05, 13:46)thewarm Wrote: The setting does not 'stick' from session to session on Android Leia 18 Beta. It's the same for both my Shield (Oreo) and my Bravia TV (Nougat).
 Same for me on LibreELEC Kodi Leia Beta 3 (x86 generic). The "set as default for all media" setting doesn't stick.

Checked with Estuary default skin as well as Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO :-(
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
I don't want to spam github again but @FernetMenta seems to mention in the Github comments this is intended behavior.

Hopefully the comments above convince someone, to take this up and make a system wide setting.

@fritsch had an interest in this at one point.
(2018-09-22, 15:31)docwra Wrote: I don't want to spam github again but @FernetMenta seems to mention in the Github comments this is intended behavior.

Wrong. If the setting doesn't stick after "make default for all", there is some bug that should be fixed.
(2018-09-22, 15:43)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2018-09-22, 15:31)docwra Wrote: I don't want to spam github again but @FernetMenta seems to mention in the Github comments this is intended behavior.

Wrong. If the setting doesn't stick after "make default for all", there is some bug that should be fixed.  
 Yes. Quite annoying...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
boost center channel when downmix0