General advice for sorting out my media library.
I am trying to sort out many years' worth of films and TV shows that I have amassed over the years.

However, given that they have been collected from a combination of ripping DVDs and recordings via various PVR backends, they are in a complete mess.

I have added the TV and Movie folders to Kodi and whilst it has done a pretty good of picking up a good majority of the files, there are some files that are being incorrectly scraped and some files are not being picked up at all.

Ideally, I would like to go through every folder, to check everything against the TVDB but that would take forever.

Are there any strategies/programs that you can suggest to help get everything in order?

My desktop runs both Linux and Window.

Thanks
"Ideally, I would like to go through every folder, to check everything against the TVDB but that would take forever."

You could use something like Filebot to easily compare your existing file names against the TVDB & TMDB databases. Much easier than manually checking.

I use it and now I am happy, better looking and taller, too! :-)
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Thank you - a really great piece of software.  Well recommended!

I should have my library up-to-date in no time.

I am already struggling with huge swathes of girls throwing themselves at my feet - I don't think I could take being any better looking!  Rofl
(2018-08-20, 13:55)elsmandino Wrote: Thank you - a really great piece of software.  Well recommended!

I should have my library up-to-date in no time.

I am already struggling with huge swathes of girls throwing themselves at my feet - I don't think I could take being any better looking!  Rofl
 Great! Glad it's working out for you. Now we haz all the girls...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General advice for sorting out my media library.0