Directory never loads with no internet.
OK I'll make this as simple as I can. I'm trying to set up a Kodi media player in my camper the old lady and I like to go camping a lot of places that have zero internet access.

My setup is as follows an Android Xiaomi Mi box running Android 8. Kodi 17.6 with the stock Estuary skin. My problem is this everything works as should when connected to the internet but when not connected when I try to open any directory in my library for example Genres, Title, Year, Actors etc. I get a message loading directory but it never loads.

If I click cancel I can then go into my Movies folder and access all the directories just fine so obviously all the information is cached and accessing the internet is not necessary. I am able to access my library this way but the loading directory message and the extra steps to get to my library is a pita I just want it to work as it should without going through the extra steps.

Is there a setting I need to enable or disable somewhere I have looked with no luck any help would be appreciated thanks.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Are there video sources in that setup that lead to inactive or not connected file locations? External drives, network shares?
(2018-08-16, 19:59)Klojum Wrote: Are there video sources in that setup that lead to inactive or not connected file locations? External drives, network shares?

My media is stored on an Elements 4 TB external hard-drive forgot to mention that bit I guess. They are all active as far as I know the path to my library leads to the hard drive where I created 2 separate folders one for TV shows and one for movies.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
You don't have any network drives or file sharing of any kind? Just a USB connected harddrive? It sounds to me like it's trying to connect to a network source.
(2018-08-18, 01:28)Tobby Wrote: You don't have any network drives or file sharing of any kind? Just a USB connected harddrive? It sounds to me like it's trying to connect to a network source.
 I have on my PC both a Plex server and Kodi setup to share files as well but I haven't set my client Kodi to look for those files as I just want the Mi Box to Play files from the External Hard drive. I do however have both SPMC 17.6 and Plex apps on the Mi Box as well that does connect to the server but those are separate clients I don't see how they would interact with one another. Is that a possible problem?
(2018-08-19, 15:05)cscott1 Wrote:
(2018-08-18, 01:28)Tobby Wrote: You don't have any network drives or file sharing of any kind? Just a USB connected harddrive? It sounds to me like it's trying to connect to a network source.
 I have on my PC both a Plex server and Kodi setup to share files as well but I haven't set my client Kodi to look for those files as I just want the Mi Box to Play files from the External Hard drive. I do however have both SPMC 17.6 and Plex apps on the Mi Box as well that does connect to the server but those are separate clients I don't see how they would interact with one another. Is that a possible problem? 
I don't think so. But then I don't have any other ideas.

Perhaps do a debug log of when you open your directory with and without network and see what's different.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Directory never loads with no internet.0