Which LibreElect Build ?
Ive got a T95ZPlus Android TV with an Amlogic S912 CPU and was going to put LibreElect on it thinking i needed that for Kodi 4k but I noticed its  playing 4k content quite happilly right out of the box.

I am assuming LibreElect will perform better given its a cut down OS but i which version of LibreElect to flash it with?

I see these as supported device types.. I'm being thick I know but which one should I use? 

Raspberry Pi 0/1/2/3
x86_64 devices with Intel, AMD and nVidia GPU's
WeTek Play 1 and 2, WeTek Hub
Odroid C2
Cubox iMX6 devices

Thnaks In advance 

(I would have asked in the LibreElect forum but it wont let me register for some bizarre reason)
Have you tried the generic amlogic htpc build?
The community builds (including a specific 912) are https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5274-i...r-amlogic/ here.
thanks...

Looks like they no longer support AMlogic stuff so the only builds now are the Kszaq ones . Bit of a bummer tbh. Putting a 'legacy' OS on the stuff bothers me since nothing is maintained or enhanced.

Not sure this was that clear in the 'Which Kodi box do I buy' thread .... i definitely missed this bit of it..

Not unhappy with the above box but i might have chosen something that LibreElect was formally supported on ...

I may leave my box given that news since it seems ok ...
(2018-08-16, 19:45)Gkinghrn Wrote: Looks like they no longer support AMlogic stuff so the only builds now are the Kszaq ones . Bit of a bummer tbh. Putting a 'legacy' OS on the stuff bothers me since nothing is maintained or enhanced.
The amount of support from Amlogic itself was minimal until recently. Now that newer OS methods are used, things are changing (slowly but surely).
Also see https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/13027-...-released/
thanks...
 Wrxsty seems to be doing them - trying to read all sorts of stuff before i run an update ...confused as hell though!

I hope i can boot from the LibreElect build and leave the box itself alone... still reading....
Try the CoreElec S912 build, includes all the aml hacky stuff.
If you run CoreELEC you get absolutely zero support here
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-08-16, 21:23)tredman Wrote: Try the CoreElec S912 build, includes all the aml hacky stuff.
 i'll stick to the stuff that has some semblence of support ..thanks...
(2018-08-16, 21:30)Martijn Wrote: If you run CoreELEC you get absolutely zero support here
 That's fine, all users needing support are welcome at the CoreELEC forum.
(2018-08-16, 21:30)Martijn Wrote: If you run CoreELEC you get absolutely zero support here
 Not trying to ruffle any feathers, but I'm curious why.  I'm not familiar with the project, but from what I've read it's just a minor fork of LE?
(2018-08-16, 23:47)AdamG Wrote:
 That's fine, all users needing support are welcome at the CoreELEC forum.
Yes @AdamG and the CoreELEC guys are doing a really decent fork of LE for the next AMLogic Kodi Leia v18 release.
I like what they are doing. Smile
Consequently they will be taking on the never ending burdon of support on their own forums Wink

I'm just adding bits and bobs to the relatively stable @kszaq Kodi Krypton AML release and also adding in OSMC Kodi Krypton AMLogic improvements for HD audio and a bit of 10bit HDR stuff - when I get time.

(2018-08-16, 23:41)Gkinghrn Wrote:  i'll stick to the stuff that has some semblence of support ..thanks...
Support is dependant upon:

- if developers or similar OS users have free time to answer online questions and provide Software and Firmware updates.
After all Kodi, LE , CE and other forks are all dependant on volunteers.
- otherwise you are dependant upon commercial hardware sellers using rebranded Kodi forks such as OSMC, MrMC, ZDMC where you would expect pretty prompt comprehensive ongoing support.

It's more that they do changes we do not approve of next to just hardware support.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It's funny that other LibreELEC "community" builds such as those from you @wrxtasy have nearly the same amount of out of tree changes but apparently that's no issue Wink. Anyway we have no interest in using any of Team Kodi's resources, neither bugtracker, forum nor Developer's advise. We are a minor fork with just under 2000 users. It's more of an hobby project actually. Out of good will and respect we will advise every of our user not to bother Team Kodi.
Well, that opened a box I didn't know existed  Confused

In my personal opinion CoreElec works very well with Kodi 18 on my WP2 - I need 18 for netflix and prime etc, so it was the natural option.

Official support for any aml box has always been pretty much ad-hoc so I don't really see any difference and all the bickering on the various forums just seems very odd.  I see there is good ongoing work on aml here https://twitter.com/librecomputer/status...9302109184 so maybe CE and others won't be needed in the (distant) future
(2018-08-17, 10:14)Martijn Wrote: It's more that they do changes we do not approve of next to just hardware support.
I'm only commenting on what I see from the surface from a Hardware support perspective.
I'm not a CE user or CE dev. so am staying well away from whatever discussion might be about to occur.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which LibreElect Build ?0