Playing a stream on start-up
Hi Everyone,

My problem is somewhat similar...
I have an rtp stream to connect to on the LAN (rtp://<IP_address>:<port_number>).
In Kodi 17.6 (on OSMC) I want to automatically start playing the stream, when the Raspberry Pi boots up, from the .strm file that contains the URL.

Does anyone know a way to make this work without installing any additional stuff?

Thanks,
Sovy
our first post @aszovathy , but not at all similar issue to the thread this was tacked on to. Please just start a new thread for your questions (of course always search for answers on the forum beforehand in case your question has alreday been answered).

Sorry I can't help with how to start playing on start-up, but maybe someone else will see this question and be able to help.
You would probably need to create a service Add-on to do this, but I am sure its possible.
Place your link in a *.strm file, download Video Screensaver from the Kodi repository.
Set Kodi screensaver for 1min and in settings select the strm file... done Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2018-08-20, 15:36)Lunatixz Wrote: Place your link in a *.strm file, download Video Screensaver from the Kodi repository.
Set Kodi screensaver for 1min and in settings select the strm file... done Smile
 Nice solution!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing a stream on start-up0