Animated background on music
Hello guys,

In Estuary Mod for Kodi 17 or 18, in skin setting -> music OSD, there is an option Animated background. If activated, when i listen music, i have a background whith the playing artist pictures, and this picture is animated. The picture is zooming and moving.
Is there a way to have the same effect in another theme?

Thanks
For that and so, so much more when listening to music... Aeon MQ7 Skin
I would like to do it with any theme. I use Aeon Nox.
What I would suggest, is first create a radiobutton to turn the effect on/off by toggling a skin setting.  Then, add animation effects to the music visualization window that use the skin setting as a condition.  Here's a quick and dirty I did on Aeon Nox 7.0.1

1. Edit file custom_1120_OSDSettings.xml
find the existing radiobutton "90202" -- it has code beginning <control ..... and ending with </control>
Insert a new control after this one :
Code:
            <control type="radiobutton" id="90205">
                <description>Background Button</description>
                <width>1138</width>
                <label>$LOCALIZE[12379]</label>
                <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(VisualizationFanartPanScan)</onclick>
                <selected>Skin.HasSetting(VisualizationFanartPanScan)</selected>
            </control>

so with this when music is playing you open the music OSD, go to settings and you see this new radiobutton.

2.  Edit file Music Visualisation.xml
find the existing multiimage "90300".  In this control scroll down a few lines and you see an <animation> ...</animation>.  Immediately after that line, add this new annimation:
Code:
<animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="10000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(VisualizationFanartPanScan) + Window.IsActive(visualisation)">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="-15,-15" end="15,15" time="5000" tween="cubic" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(VisualizationFanartPanScan) + Window.IsActive(visualisation)">Conditional</animation>

You see the first animation does the "zoom" and the second one the "panning".  You can tweak the parameters for it (see the Kodi wiki on skin manual for animation).

This is to get you started.  If you need help recommend asking in the skin support for Nox forum, as I have hard enough time keeping track of Aeon MQ5 Mods.
scott s.
Thank you very much for this hyper detailed answer . I will try this in the week and I will not fail to keep you informed.
Excelent explanations, it works perfectly.
So I recovered the zip file on "kodi.tv", modified the files as mensionné above, and in the folder "addon.xml" I changed version = "6.1.0" in version = "6.1.1" so that kodi sees it's an update and thus keep my theme settings.
Thank you very much
Cool I might have to add this to my Estuary Mod.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated background on music0