API for setting view mode?
I set my default for 4:3 content to wide zoom.  I like that setting, the balance of not-too-stretched but also no pillar bars is pleasant to my eye.

But I've got one TV series that's lots of 4:3 content, with (hard) subtitles, which are cut off if I (wide) zoom them.  So right now, every time I start one of these episodes, it's: Select, up, right, select (now I'm in video settings), down, down down, select (now I'm in view mode), down, down, down, down, down, select (now I'm in 4:3 mode).  And quite a few more presses to do just a bit of zoom and pixel ratio stretch.

I finally took the time to write a service addon to automate this for me.  I got detection working, so I can see that this series is playing but then ... How do I set the view mode to 4:3?  I looked through all the docs I could find of the addon system plus the jsonrpc API.  The closest I could find was the jsonrpc "method":"Input.ExecuteAction","params":{"action":"aspectratio"} -- but this just toggles through the view modes, I can't (guarantee) that I end up at the right one.  (If I stop and later resume the same episode, Kodi remembers the view mode settings from last time!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
API for setting view mode?0