Solved Unable to connect to SMB share "Operation timeout" error
Hi,

I use mac mini and have kodi 17.6 installed, since i update OSX to 10.13.6 SMB share is not showing anymore, i manage to narrow the issue pointing to KODI 17.6 and OSX 10.13.6.
i installed kodi on windows 10 and ubuntu 18.04 when adding a source and choosing SMB still not showing the share but there is an option to add the source manually in kodi "add network location" then enter the server IP, USER and Password to the source list. choosing the new source from the list, the share folder is showing on both windows 10 and ubuntu 18.04. however when doing the same on OSX i'm getting "operation timeout" error. i did do an update to my MAC Mini last week maybe it broke kodi smb connection.

Does someone had this issue? Is this is a bug if so any work around?

Thank you
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!! on mac all the time i saw the share in the finder and was working normally.
to see the share, open Kodi, go to "add video" and click browse, you will see the list of sources i.e SMB,AFT, Volumes...etc click on Volumes and Voila Share is available now under Volumes.
i was able to import all the movie collection into Kodi from freenas. you must be login to the share in finder to be able to show in volumes.
if you have windows, Ubuntu add network source with the IP USER and Password.

Thank you for your reply
Thread marked solved.
That’s no real solution but only a workaround by using operating system level mounts ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Agree its a workaround, here is the logfile url https://paste.kodi.tv/osiderulow

As mention i use freenas distro and last week i upgraded the latest freenas version since then i had the issues but wasn't sure which is the cause. I had a read on the 11.2 beta2 Changelog 

https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/library/f...1-2-beta2/

it seams they have disabled SMB1 by default. They made this changes as SMB1 is not secure. smb4.conf freenas file shows: 
server min protocol=SMB2
server max protocol=SMB3
Meaning if the client doesn’t support the same protocol it will not work. i was trying to look for the smb.conf (client in my mac but didn't find it yet) to try add some lines.
its probably related to the freenas upgrade but there are some compatibility issues on the host/client side.

Thank you
Kodi v17 and lower for Android, iOS and OSX only supports SMB1. v18 additionally supports SMB2 and SMB3.
Thanks for the clarification, now its all clear, will use this workaround until changing to kodi v18

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to connect to SMB share "Operation timeout" error0