Solved New Hulu addon
Thumbs Up 
I've been looking at the Hulu website and it's JSON is very similar to that of PSVue. Looks like tokens and cookies are used for authorization and login. If people are interested in a standalone Hulu addon, post a response and I'll work on some code this weekend. Also, any help is also appreciated.
Parsing Hulu is easy enough; its their DRM thats a pain...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2018-08-22, 02:35)Lunatixz Wrote: Parsing Hulu is easy enough; its their DRM that a pain...

Do they still use mpeg dash and widevine for their DRM? If so, something like how asciidisco did for the Netflix add-on using Inputstream and Widevine might help. I don't think all Hulu streams use the same DRM though.
What about Yahoo View? No login required.
(2018-08-22, 09:29)Eye in the sky Wrote: What about Yahoo View? No login required.

I think you run into the same problem with DRM. That plus the limited quantity of content may not make it worth the coding hours.
What DRM does yahoo use?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2018-08-22, 01:51)snoopyjoe Wrote: I've been looking at the Hulu website and it's JSON is very similar to that of PSVue. Looks like tokens and cookies are used for authorization and login. If people are interested in a standalone Hulu addon, post a response and I'll work on some code this weekend. Also, any help is also appreciated.
 Would love to see a Hulu native add-on. Right now I use playon to get my hulu stuff. I think if it is at all possible to add native hulu, netflix, and amazon prime access. I love Kodi and think it would be the best front end ever if it had ability to access all of those plus any others as well as the streaming services like PSVue. I know that is alot to ask for and know that not all is possible due to legal reasons. But just my 2 cents.
(2018-08-22, 23:49)Lunatixz Wrote: What DRM does yahoo use?

I'm still trying to find out exactly, but it has to similar to Hulu as a lot of the videos are from Hulu.
A few days late to the party, but i am interested in a hulu addon as well. With Kodi 18 finally reaching beta, i have been looking into the inputstream plugins and was surprised one for hulu didnt already exist
Mark me as interested as well. I have a hulu membership as well Netflix. I am super stoked with the Netflix inputstream addon for kodi and would love to see something like this for Hulu. I also use on a daily basis the Amazon VOD input stream addon and they all work very well
Please and thank you.
Please and thank you.
Has there been any movement on this front? I'd love to consolidate my Hulu watching within Kodi as well.
Getting json info is fairly straightforward, still working on authorization urls. Real hard part is the DRM. Hulu uses DASH for the most part but also still uses HLS. I do t think inputstream can handle both at the same time and I haven't figured out which streams Hulu uses which DRM on. I'll work on some more code this weekend and focus more on the DASH.
(2019-03-13, 00:07)snoopyjoe Wrote: Getting json info is fairly straightforward, still working on authorization urls. Real hard part is the DRM. Hulu uses DASH for the most part but also still uses HLS. I do t think inputstream can handle both at the same time and I haven't figured out which streams Hulu uses which DRM on. I'll work on some more code this weekend and focus more on the DASH.
 Hulu uses Widevine for DRM, don't they?

Anyway could me in amount those who'd like to see an InputStream Hulu add-on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Hulu addon1