• 113(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
Before the last update I had the beta version installed to take advantage of the widget sorting options. Then I was able to sort TV Shows by title but now using the update it doesnt work. Title will sort Movies but not TV Shows. I seem to remember there being a TV Show Title option. Am I doing something wrong?
Hello

The function select animated art is not working how i can fixed?
(2019-05-21, 02:52)JSAKelley Wrote: Before the last update I had the beta version installed to take advantage of the widget sorting options. Then I was able to sort TV Shows by title but now using the update it doesnt work. Title will sort Movies but not TV Shows. I seem to remember there being a TV Show Title option. Am I doing something wrong?
I am not 100% on this and at work so cant test at the moment but I seem to remember some difficulties when I tried to add TV show widgets in the Movies menu and vice versa. Make sure the widgets you add are in their designated area if you want to alternate between movies and tv shows put your widgets in a different menu such as the home or search menu.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-05-15, 18:01)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-05-15, 17:34)MovieMan123 Wrote: [quote="Seattle2Nashville" pid='2853597' dateline='1557515485']

PS - on git I added a few days ago a built in alternative for my list (movies and TV shows) widget and categories widget that will work much faster than skin helper widgets. It's enabled by default widgets or from the main widget screen once you update the files (don't bother with it if ure not sure how to update from git)

So I finally got around to trying this I downloaded the skin.titan.bingie-master from github and unzipped the files and cut and replaced the files in the skin.titan.bingie folder with those files. This is the exact same steps I used when testing out the .2 early release I was able to find the my list and categories widget shortcuts as described however there is a notable lag when navigating the Homescreen. I reverted back to the current release and no lag so I guess I'll have to wait for the update for the widget shortcuts because obviously I screwed something up.

***Edit I went back and just replaced the playlists, shortcuts and XML folders working great!!! One thing I did notice is the Categories widget remains fixed or doesn't change when trying to add a sort method and always starts on the second tile the Movie category it would be better if it started on the first tile the TV show category and had the Slim menu on the left if possible. No biggie tho just thought you would want to know.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-05-24, 19:54)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-05-15, 18:01)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-05-15, 17:34)MovieMan123 Wrote:
(2019-05-10, 21:11)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:  

PS - on git I added a few days ago a built in alternative for my list (movies and TV shows) widget and categories widget that will work much faster than skin helper widgets. It's enabled by default widgets or from the main widget screen once you update the files (don't bother with it if ure not sure how to update from git) 

So I finally got around to trying this I downloaded the skin.titan.bingie-master from github and unzipped the files and cut and replaced the files in the skin.titan.bingie folder with those files. This is the exact same steps I used when testing out the .2 early release I was able to find the my list and categories widget shortcuts as described however there is a notable lag when navigating the Homescreen. I reverted back to the current release and no lag so I guess I'll have to wait for the update for the widget shortcuts because obviously I screwed something up.

***Edit I went back and just replaced the playlists, shortcuts and XML folders working great!!! One thing I did notice is the Categories widget remains fixed or doesn't change when trying to add a sort method and always starts on the second tile the Movie category it would be better if it started on the first tile the TV show category and had the Slim menu on the left if possible. No biggie tho just thought you would want to know.
Yeah I noted that it always starts with the tvshows item on categories widget, it's weird, i'll check that out once more.
About sorting options it's not possible due kodi core not allowing sorting for static items afaik.

I'm now working on making a netflix-like osd, but mainly the skin works pretty good atm, it needs under-the-hood improvements and optimizations and starting to eliminate usage of Skin Helper Service which is probably what's causing 80% of performance issues...Beside that, most of what the skin needs to be 'perfect' is next to impossible without changes to kodi core (listings refreshing that causes content changes (spotlight), kills auto-trailers smooth functionality, 'shuffle' widget positions, etc.. and other code related stuff that makes fixed vertical scrolling very hard to improve and work like it is on netflix....)
(2019-05-25, 12:33)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-05-24, 19:54)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-05-15, 18:01)cartman.dos Wrote: So I finally got around to trying this I downloaded the skin.titan.bingie-master from github and unzipped the files and cut and replaced the files in the skin.titan.bingie folder with those files. This is the exact same steps I used when testing out the .2 early release I was able to find the my list and categories widget shortcuts as described however there is a notable lag when navigating the Homescreen. I reverted back to the current release and no lag so I guess I'll have to wait for the update for the widget shortcuts because obviously I screwed something up.

Yeah I noted that it always starts with the tvshows item on categories widget, it's weird, i'll check that out once more.
About sorting options it's not possible due kodi core not allowing sorting for static items afaik.

I'm now working on making a netflix-like osd, but mainly the skin works pretty good atm, it needs under-the-hood improvements and optimizations and starting to eliminate usage of Skin Helper Service which is probably what's causing 80% of performance issues...Beside that, most of what the skin needs to be 'perfect' is next to impossible without changes to kodi core (listings refreshing that causes content changes (spotlight), kills auto-trailers smooth functionality, 'shuffle' widget positions, etc.. and other code related stuff that makes fixed vertical scrolling very hard to improve and work like it is on netflix....)

Yeah, works great on my powerful PC but slower on my low-end devices.

Is there a way to replicate PlexKodiConnect's On Deck widget using playlists? It's the widget that takes the longest to load.
Server - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Ubuntu WSL2  Client 1 - Minisforum UM580 Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Nexus (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci
I found this via looking at another thread, and literally I had signed up to netflix for a free trial a few days ago, just to see what the interface was like.

I will have to do more looking into this skin and setting up correctly, however I already have one major issue that is sparking off my OCD.

I have move set Beverly Hills Cop where you have the review and below that you have the tagline The Heat Is On! Below that, you have the movie plot, when you move to II, there is no tagline and the plot text jumps up to below the the review. Is there any way that if a tag line for the movie is not present, the plot text stays in the same space instead of moving upwards. It kind of makes you feel sea sick if you go through the movies fast, and it would be worse if you had some taglines, then no tag lines as it would be up and down all of the time.

As someone has pointed out just above, this seems to be very heavy on computer systems, so I would imagine that a Pi or other systems would struggle to run this, my HTPC is only running a AMD X4 965 processor with 8 gigs of ram but it is using a 760 graphics card and this is struggling my end, it crashed two or three times on a fresh install via the repository. 

However, keep up the good work, as I might be a convert from Aura and Artic Zypher 2 which I tried to make look a bit like netflix but was close but not close enough.

Regards
(2019-05-26, 19:21)Video Titles Wrote: I found this via looking at another thread, and literally I had signed up to netflix for a free trial a few days ago, just to see what the interface was like.

I will have to do more looking into this skin and setting up correctly, however I already have one major issue that is sparking off my OCD.

I have move set Beverly Hills Cop where you have the review and below that you have the tagline The Heat Is On! Below that, you have the movie plot, when you move to II, there is no tagline and the plot text jumps up to below the the review. Is there any way that if a tag line for the movie is not present, the plot text stays in the same space instead of moving upwards. It kind of makes you feel sea sick if you go through the movies fast, and it would be worse if you had some taglines, then no tag lines as it would be up and down all of the time.

As someone has pointed out just above, this seems to be very heavy on computer systems, so I would imagine that a Pi or other systems would struggle to run this, my HTPC is only running a AMD X4 965 processor with 8 gigs of ram but it is using a 760 graphics card and this is struggling my end, it crashed two or three times on a fresh install via the repository. 

However, keep up the good work, as I might be a convert from Aura and Artic Zypher 2 which I tried to make look a bit like netflix but was close but not close enough.

Regards

It's not that bad on low-end devices. I run this skin on two Pis and an Amazon 4K Fire Stick. The trick is it perform optimising techniques such as turning off unused views and using smart playlists instead of skin helper widgets or addon widgets.
Server - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Ubuntu WSL2  Client 1 - Minisforum UM580 Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Nexus (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci
Cheers I shall have a proper look tomorrow when I have more time, I am currently binge watching the only good thing on netflix that I found and that is prison break from 14 years ago, so watching that for the first time. I am glad of the free trial, I would have been disjointed if I had to pay for it. However, I do love the interface.
(2019-05-26, 20:17)Video Titles Wrote: Cheers I shall have a proper look tomorrow when I have more time, I am currently binge watching the only good thing on netflix that I found and that is prison break from 14 years ago, so watching that for the first time. I am glad of the free trial, I would have been disjointed if I had to pay for it. However, I do love the interface.

I have that on my Start New Shows smart playlist. I have Amazon Prime because of the free one-day shipping and use it to watch The Grand Tour in 4K and use it to supplement the blanks in my library such as the occassional The Good Wife episode. I love the skin because it's so customisable (colour options) and has multiple widget rows + episode description for widgets.
My Raspberry Pi 3 B keeps on overheating with this? I checked the logs, nothing is erroring or anything. It is just getting hot with this skin. I don't know what is up or wrong with it. I set the settings back to default and it fixed the overheating but then the screen kept on going off and on continuously. Until, I had to physically reboot the Pi. Then my settings went back to the ones I set that kept on overheating the pi. Could anyone help me?

Also, is it possible to set the default start location to a location on my External Hard Drive that is a source on Kodi that has all of my TV Shows?
(2019-05-26, 23:03)ZachMurphy Wrote: My Raspberry Pi 3 B keeps on overheating with this? I checked the logs, nothing is erroring or anything. It is just getting hot with this skin. I don't know what is up or wrong with it. I set the settings back to default and it fixed the overheating but then the screen kept on going off and on continuously. Until, I had to physically reboot the Pi. Then my settings went back to the ones I set that kept on overheating the pi. Could anyone help me?

Also, is it possible to set the default start location to a location on my External Hard Drive that is a source on Kodi that has all of my TV Shows?
3B's can get quite hot. One of mine (in one house) does quite frequently but the other at a friend's doesn't. Buy a case that comes with some heat sink strips.
(2019-05-26, 23:31)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-05-26, 23:03)ZachMurphy Wrote: My Raspberry Pi 3 B keeps on overheating with this? I checked the logs, nothing is erroring or anything. It is just getting hot with this skin. I don't know what is up or wrong with it. I set the settings back to default and it fixed the overheating but then the screen kept on going off and on continuously. Until, I had to physically reboot the Pi. Then my settings went back to the ones I set that kept on overheating the pi. Could anyone help me?

3B's can get quite hot. One of mine (in one house) does quite frequently but the other at a friend's doesn't. Buy a case that comes with some heat sink strips. 

I have a case with heat sink strips. I just checked the pi for dust but there was nothing in it at all, I cleaned it anyway just to make sure. But one thing I don't understand is, if I change the skin to plain old titan, there isn't any problem but when I change it back to titan binge and I just move over one screen it shows the thermal symbol in the top right hand corner, and then my Pi gets hot. I don't know what it is in this skin that is causing it, but it is highly annoying concluding I love this skin. The realistic copy of Netflix just makes my day. It is just annoying how it overheats and I am unable to play a single show without the thermal showing and the heating occurring.
@louisefindlay23

The, only thing I mainly like about this skin is the Episode, TV Show, Movie, Season views and the info. The homescreen I don't really need. Maybe is there a possible way just to extract the Episode, TV Show, Movie, Season views and info into Titan while just using Titan's homescreen details? Because, I don't believe I need anything else from the Titan Binge skin other than those specific views and information.

Thanks.

- Z
(2019-05-27, 00:23)ZachMurphy Wrote:
(2019-05-26, 23:31)louisefindlay23 Wrote:

I have a case with heat sink strips. I just checked the pi for dust but there was nothing in it at all, I cleaned it anyway just to make sure. But one thing I don't understand is, if I change the skin to plain old titan, there isn't any problem but when I change it back to titan binge and I just move over one screen it shows the thermal symbol in the top right hand corner, and then my Pi gets hot. I don't know what it is in this skin that is causing it, but it is highly annoying concluding I love this skin. The realistic copy of Netflix just makes my day. It is just annoying how it overheats and I am unable to play a single show without the thermal showing and the heating occurring.

Strange, my one with heat sink strips is fine. If you're not concerned with the overheating, there is a command to make it disappear
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26