• 46(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-03-09, 21:54)kodishu Wrote: What is the planned date release the next update?
😉

Oh shoot for everyone who asks this question it's pushed back 2 weeks. Thanks a lot now we have to wait longer.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Just a general question.

I have 4 widgets loaded on my home screen.
Under each HUB i have 4 or 5 widgets.

So that's a total of 16-20 widgets.

How long should it take to load your home screen? For me it's about 15 seconds on a restart of KODI. I start counting from the moment the empty home screen shows up.
This seems pretty long to me. I run KODI on a 7th gen core i3 with 8GB ram. My main HD is a fast SSD, my movies and tv series are on external WD USB3.0 HD's
(2019-03-10, 02:59)CK77 Wrote: Just a general question.

How long should it take to load your home screen? For me it's about 15 seconds on a restart of KODI. I start counting from the moment the empty home screen shows up.
This seems pretty long to me. I run KODI on a 7th gen core i3 with 8GB ram. My main HD is a fast SSD, my movies and tv series are on external WD USB3.0 HD's

I don't use hubs but have over 20 widgets with 50+ items in each it only takes maybe 2 seconds for my Nvidia Shield and only 3 for my Mi Box. Not sure how much hubs come into play but that seem like long time especially for a PC with an SSD.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-03-07, 01:19)cscott1 Wrote: So an old bug has reared it's head again. Ever since Kodi 18.1 whenever I have the default select action set to show information and try to play from an add-on that I have a menu shortcut to it does not show the stream being played it sais it's playing but never does with no error notifications. Whenever I switch the default select action to play it plays as it should.
I've already implemented a bypass to not HAVE to use the that in Kodi's setting but Skin's settings instead. It has its pros and cons but it might solve this specific issue.
Pros:
(1) not having to make the user know about & tick that settings.
(2) not showing episode's info from library. so it's tvshow select->info->more episodes->episode select will play
Cons: not showing info on select for library view (just home&hubs)
(2019-03-07, 21:16)cscott1 Wrote: All the scrolling on the wide Netflix episode screen makes me dizzy. Made another video feature request to explain.

https://youtu.be/8fY01XmOLYE

Currently you can disable in general settings 'auto scroll plot...'. this will disable all plots from scrolling (including in wide netflix).
Are you suggesting to make just the focused item auto scroll, when option i mentioned above is not disabled?  
(2019-03-07, 01:33)tantrum080 Wrote: Another suggestion I have (maybe put in update after next so it doesn't get delayed lol), could we have a way to have more than 1 local trailer? I would like to use this for TV shows, so I could maybe have 3 diff trailers for a TV show and it would play one randomly when hovered over.
Hopefully if possible we can use the same format like this?
Tvshow-trailer.ext
Tvshow-trailer2.ext
Tvshow-trailer3.ext

I will not implement this because I don't believe most user will benefit from it and this will just overcomplicate a function that I want to leave as simple and fast as it can be.
BUT, it's really easy to do, I can give you the command lines needed to be edited for this but you'll have to readjust manually for every update...
remind me about it on release if I forget Smile
(2019-03-07, 02:17)LukeHansford Wrote: When I said does it happen on titan Mod i meant does it refresh all the widgets after you play one item from an addon.

I have three widgets in a categories all from the same add-on. When I finish watching something and are returned from the menu it refreshes all three widgets and not just the one I played the episode from.
It will happen with every skin...like I explained in previous post...
(2019-03-07, 04:45)LukeHansford Wrote: Is it possible to hide watched items from an addon in a widget?

The watched items have the blue watched icon on them.

Thankyou

For widgets that are set by Skin Helper Widget, in the addon's settings you can adjust in which cases to hide and even how much to hide.
for all else, you can set to hide in Kodi's Media settings (maybe need to enable 'expert' mode, i believe in 'videos' tab).

It is important to understand that not all widgets are created equal.
Widgets that stems from kodi's video nodes/tags/playlists will be fastest.
While some of the widgets from skin helper widgets will be slower.
the slowest widgets would be recommended/top picks/genre for mixed content, and after that all other mixed content widgets.

Second thing to consider is that if I succeeded in making the skin faster than more resources will be available to load widgets instead of skin load, therefore it will be interested to see what will happen in the next release.
(2019-03-10, 04:23)cscott1 Wrote:

I don't use hubs but have over 20 widgets with 50+ items in each it only takes maybe 2 seconds for my Nvidia Shield and only 3 for my Mi Box. Not sure how much hubs come into play but that seem like long time especially for a PC with an SSD.

Interesting 🤔

I'm using Mi Box too and it takes over half minute to completely load 7 widgets in home after start Kodi. 😞
(2019-03-10, 16:07)kodishu Wrote:
(2019-03-10, 04:23)cscott1 Wrote:

Interesting 🤔

I'm using Mi Box too and it takes over half minute to completely load 7 widgets in home after start Kodi. 😞 
Man something doesn't sound right there. I use my in Progress Library, Tags and Smart Playlists as widgets with over 500 TV Shows and around 1000 Movies linked to a Library integrated addon. Its really fast set that way. Not sure if it matters but I don't have auto trailers enabled. If there is a trailer I want to watch I view it from the information dialog screen.
(2019-03-10, 11:28)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-07, 01:19)cscott1 Wrote:  
(2019-03-07, 21:16)cscott1 Wrote: All the scrolling on the wide Netflix episode screen makes me dizzy. Made another video feature request to explain.

Currently you can disable in general settings 'auto scroll plot...'. this will disable all plots from scrolling (including in wide netflix).
Are you suggesting to make just the focused item auto scroll, when option i mentioned above is not disabled?  
(2019-03-07, 01:33)tantrum080 Wrote:  
(2019-03-07, 02:17)LukeHansford Wrote:  
(2019-03-07, 04:45)LukeHansford Wrote:  
(2019-03-10, 02:59)CK77 Wrote:  
Are you certain? I have the auto scroll disabled in the settings and the plot description doesn't scroll on the homescreen but the episodes do in the wide Netflix veiw. Yeah disabling all scrolling in episodes that aren't in focus and/or being able to disable the episodes would be swell. Watch the video I posted if you haven't you will see what I mean.
(2019-03-10, 17:09)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-10, 11:28)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-07, 01:19)cscott1 Wrote:  

(2019-03-07, 01:33)tantrum080 Wrote:  
(2019-03-07, 02:17)LukeHansford Wrote:  
(2019-03-07, 04:45)LukeHansford Wrote:  
(2019-03-10, 02:59)CK77 Wrote:  
Are you certain? I have the auto scroll disabled in the settings and the plot description doesn't scroll on the homescreen but the episodes do in the wide Netflix veiw. Yeah disabling all scrolling in episodes that aren't in focus and/or being able to disable the episodes would be swell. Watch the video I posted if you haven't you will see what I mean. 
No, you're right. I checked against Git version just now.
I forgot that I changed this in the new version (which was the code I looked at for reference in previous post).
(2019-03-10, 11:28)cartman.dos Wrote: It is important to understand that not all widgets are created equal.
the slowest widgets would be recommended/top picks/genre for mixed content, and after that all other mixed content widgets.

Second thing to consider is that if I succeeded in making the skin faster than more resources will be available to load widgets instead of skin load, therefore it will be interested to see what will happen in the next release. 
The widgets i'm loading on the home screen are:
Recently added movies
In Progress & Recommended movies
Recently added episodes
Recently added tv shows

In the hubs i'm only loading Playlists, mainly build on Tags
But it doesn't look like the widgets in the hubs get loaded in advance, when i click on them the first time they still have to load, but they load within 2-3 sec.

I do have a pretty big library, +1000 movies, +100 tv series and i'm using an extrnal DB.
Is there anything i can check to figure out why my startup is taking so long?
(2019-03-10, 18:46)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-03-10, 11:28)cartman.dos Wrote: It is important to understand that not all widgets are created equal.

The widgets i'm loading on the home screen are:
Recently added movies
In Progress & Recommended movies
Recently added episodes
Recently added tv shows

In the hubs i'm only loading Playlists, mainly build on Tags
But it doesn't look like the widgets in the hubs get loaded in advance, when i click on them the first time they still have to load, but they load within 2-3 sec.

I do have a pretty big library, +1000 movies, +100 tv series and i'm using an extrnal DB.
Is there anything i can check to figure out why my startup is taking so long?  
I had this problem when I first started with Bingie months ago. I had a problem with Artwork Beef I had downloaded every single piece of Fanart instead of selectively just the art I want. Not sure if it is the same thing but worth taking a look at. refer to page 9 comment 129 of this thread.
(2019-03-10, 16:50)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-10, 16:07)kodishu Wrote:
(2019-03-10, 04:23)cscott1 Wrote: I don't use hubs but have over 20 widgets with 50+ items in each it only takes maybe 2 seconds for my Nvidia Shield and only 3 for my Mi Box. Not sure how much hubs come into play but that seem like long time especially for a PC with an SSD. 

Interesting 🤔

Man something doesn't sound right there. I use my in Progress Library, Tags and Smart Playlists as widgets with over 500 TV Shows and around 1000 Movies linked to a Library integrated addon. Its really fast set that way. Not sure if it matters but I don't have auto trailers enabled. If there is a trailer I want to watch I view it from the information dialog screen.

I said too optimistic.It takes over one minute and half ☹️ I checked it with stopwatch in hand.

Auto trailers are diabled.
Can someone point me to where I can sort my library widgets from oldest to new. I started a new show and it’s showing the last episode first.

I assume this is a skin setting?
So ehm,

How do i use the osd menu?
I now see the buttons but i cant use them. Having this issue on three separate devices.
(2019-03-11, 11:11)Rick32 Wrote: So ehm,

How do i use the osd menu?
I now see the buttons but i cant use them. Having this issue on three separate devices.
 what do you mean now? nothing has changed in the last month or so...

(2019-03-10, 22:10)Kbxy88 Wrote: Can someone point me to where I can sort my library widgets from oldest to new. I started a new show and it’s showing the last episode first.

I assume this is a skin setting?

from library view, just open left context menu and sort by 'date added'.
If you're referring to home/hub widgets then you have a lot of way of doing that -
'next episodes' widget brings up all in-progress/next episodes to watch or any other widget that is sorted by date added whether its built-in from skin helper/widgets or a smart-playlist you created...
If still having trouble, try be more specific about ur issue i'm sure a lot of ppl here could help you out.
Hey guys, need a little help from you...
I'm trying to make a video showcase but my work laptop is not strong enough (I'm guessing graphics card is the limiting factor).
Tried with OBS Studio.
Do someone has any good suggestion for a tool to use that is maybe lighter?

BTW  if you got any small feature requests this is the time as I'm in the final stage before release.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26