• 60(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
@Cartman is there a limit to how many widgets you are aloud to have? I'm having some odd behavior I have 33 widgets but after 26 there is no thumbs showing for those widgets on the home screen. Any ideas?

Edit***This happens only when Enable fixed Focused Widgets in Vertical Scrolling is enabled.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Well, to say "Thank you" is the least we can say this moment.
You have made skinning to a whole level.
Quick question, is it possible to stop the home screen main menu sliding out? I wouldn't mind just having the skinny column on the left with the icons only
(2019-03-25, 00:07)LukeHansford Wrote: Is this a new version of the Bingie skin?
 Yep. v0.3 was the last BETA version. The new v1 is available in BINGIE Repository and needs to be installed fresh (it is not an update).
(2019-03-25, 00:15)louisefindlay23 Wrote: The continue watching text on widgets is all lowercase. It should be Continue Watching.

Also, is there a way to get clearlogo rather than clearart on the top right when osd is active? I'm scraping clearart using Artwork Beef but there isn't a lot of it compared to clearlogos.
This is probably because your language in kodi is not english.
But i could force that in the update, although many strings will need to be updated/translated so ppl, feel free to contribute, it's really just translating a few string to your language.
About clearart you'll need to be more specific about the situation as in default settings there is not clearart in osd.
(2019-03-25, 00:20)cscott1 Wrote: @Cartman is there a limit to how many widgets you are aloud to have? I'm having some odd behavior I have 33 widgets but after 26 there is no thumbs showing for those widgets on the home screen. Any ideas?
Yeah there's a limit set by Skin.Shortctuts addon I believe, haven't looked into it because i never went above that limitation but it might also help to make sure that the order of the widgets is with no gaps (no un-set widget in between, so they won't count). BTW, widgets in hubs doesn't count.
(2019-03-25, 00:51)ryadre Wrote: Quick question, is it possible to stop the home screen main menu sliding out? I wouldn't mind just having the skinny column on the left with the icons only
not currently, Maybe sometime in the future...
(2019-03-24, 08:58)joeyd2424 Wrote: If I set search as an option in the side blade menu, I can open the new search layout, but I can never get back to the home menu. Can open other sideblade options but can never return to the home screen without it being the new (awesome by the way) search layout? Maybe it’s just me
I'm sorry but if you can be more descriptive of the situation because I didn't get your issue. at the moment the new BINGIE Search is available from Home main-menu alone, should be integreated and replace skin helper search inside library in later updates.
(2019-03-24, 10:04)ss130172 Wrote: Hi,
Just wanted to say I absolutely love this skin. I almost have it set up exactly how I want it, but is it possible to expand the Plot text on the Homescreen to minimise the text scrolling.  Appreciate any advice. Thanks
Thanks Smile This has been requested but didn't got to it yet. will make an option to enlarge plot, but will have to disable the other stuff below, that's the compromise i can do atm.
(2019-03-24, 10:14)Lastpost Wrote: Got another question. I saw earlier that you had some cool widgets containing the genres (in green if I recalled it correctly), how do I get them?
good question and thanks for reminding me to add that to main thread post.
So You'll see in BINGIE Repo there's a new resource for movie genre icons.
In general settings -> scroll down to 'Set Resources Settings', then 'Select Movie/TV Genre Icons' -> click 'Get More...' (If you haven't already installed the resource addon)
Then install 'Movie Genre Icons - BINGIE', and select it for the resource. Restart Kodi. Voilà.
(2019-03-24, 10:32)dzjugo Wrote: This is a good morning! Thanks Cartman!!!
One suggestion for the future, could we get a kid section for our disney movies ect
This is a pre-packed suggestion in 'Search' (amongst many others). all suggestions are playlist basically then you can get when setting widget from skin helper widgets->playlist->select that playlist->choose order method.
(2019-03-24, 11:18)tmlfan1977 Wrote: Ok, been pulling an all-nighter setting this up and have run into a bit of a snag.  For some reason, the 'Skin Helper Service Widgets' add-on does not recognize the tags for my TV shows.  Just comes up as black when I go to TV Shows >> Tags.  Works fine for movies though.  Any help you might be able to provide would indeed be greatly appreciated.  Thank you again!
Set a reminder-to-self to check that Wink you can maybe use tags from mixed section until then?
(2019-03-24, 13:07)Martin2107 Wrote: How can i disable the Old Side-Menu? Is there an option for it? 
I can only use the old one .... Sad.... Maybay a Fresh Kodi Installation??

And have some one a tutorial for the global search like in the preview?

But overall it looks absolutly amazing  Love Thank you for your hard work.
If by 'old side-menu' you just mean the menu then i'm guessing it is not old? it is the menu. but someone proposed using the slimmenu only without full menu sliding and i will think of adding this feature in the future. glad you like it besides that Smile
(2019-03-24, 13:40)MovieMan123 Wrote: @cartman.dos Looks great. Thank you very much for your effort. Some small points: 
  • To enable the mediaflags in View_523, the footerbar should be enable. This leads to a "header-respression" in View_59. So you cannot use them together. This can be hotfixed by removing line 232 in View_523 xml but this doesn't solve the issue that everything moves up in view_59 when footer enabled. 
  • The headerlogo + clock disappears sometimes and sometimes not. I cannot figure out the cause of this problem. 
  • Is it possible to rename the labels of the standard widgets at the homescreen? 
  • More a Kodi 18 issue (I think) languageflags dont show up in Mediaflags Large Icons Colour, just a empty gap. 
Everything else looks fantastic. Thanks again.    
Thanks for the specific issues descriptions, i'll have to check them out. in general, media flags have not changed much. especially header stuff..
Noticed the languageflags issue in media flags but in general media flags needs a rewrite...
(2019-03-24, 15:06)kodishu Wrote: Second issue, still got no clearlogo at pause screen during watching movie/episode. 
Where are you getting you library content from? I recently read that PlexKodiConnect has this issue...

IF A QUESTION WAS LEFT UNANSWERED - PLEASE REPOST, I MIGHT HAVE MISSED IT...
(2019-03-25, 00:20)cscott1 Wrote: @Cartman is there a limit to how many widgets you are aloud to have? I'm having some odd behavior I have 33 widgets but after 26 there is no thumbs showing for those widgets on the home screen. Any ideas?

Edit***This happens only when Enable fixed Focused Widgets in Vertical Scrolling is enabled.
 Oh damn. I know why that is then. thanks!
(2019-03-24, 23:15)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 22:48)neurosis13 Wrote: wow fantastic work and it runs great, thank you very much.

I just have a problem with script.skin.helper.service
I get an error on startup and the ratings and artwork stuff don't work like it used to prior to the upgrade, nothing shows up.
This happened on both of my systems.

i erased kodi and started from scratch on one of my macs and only installed the skin with it's add-ons and nothing else.

here is my log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/yixuxomona.kodi

I hope it's only a small thing.

maybe someone can point me to the right direction.

thanks a lot
you have an improt error related to cherrypy module. I'll have to look at that.
please try to use this version here and install cherrypy module from here (note that you might have to turn updates off for this test so they won't force upgrade) 
yes that fixed it thank you :-)
Not really a skin question, but more hoping to get some good tips from the knowledgeable people here.

I don't have that many widgets on startup but it still takes a good 10-15 seconds to load on startup. With the new skin, the refresh of some of those widgets is taking even longer.

So i would like to install Kodi 18.1 from scratch and start all over again.

My main question is where do people store their Movie info if they want to use 1 DB for multiple KODI instances.
At the moment my main KODI instance runs on a 7th gen INTEL NUC i3 and i'm using MySQL 8.0 to store the movie/tv show info.
I use the advancedsettings.xml file to point all my KODI instances to that DB.
In KODI i use a Windows Network (SMB) source to point to all my movies/tv shows  (This source is basically the ip address on the PC where all my HD are attached to, which is the NUC)

Hope this makes sense and some people have some tips on how to make everything run smoother

I love the new skin though, lots of nice little new features. This just seems like the right time to start from scratch and i want to do it right from the first time this time.
(2019-03-25, 01:39)CK77 Wrote: Not really a skin question, but more hoping to get some good tips from the knowledgeable people here.

I don't have that many widgets on startup but it still takes a good 10-15 seconds to load on startup. With the new skin, the refresh of some of those widgets is taking even longer.

My main question is where do people store their Movie info if they want to use 1 DB for multiple KODI instances.
At the moment my main KODI instance runs on a 7th gen INTEL NUC i3 and i'm using MySQL 8.0 to store the movie/tv show info.
In KODI i use a Windows Network (SMB) source to point to all my movies/tv shows  (This source is basically the ip address on the PC where all my HD are attached to, which is the NUC)

Hope this makes sense and some people have some tips on how to make everything run smoother

I love the new skin though, lots of nice little new features. This just seems like the right time to start from scratch and i want to do it right from the first time this time.

I use a library integrated add-on which is a virtual library in reality the metadata and whatnot is stored locally in the add-ons data folder. My virtual library is about 900 movies and around 500 TV shows. My 30 plus widgets load up in 2 seconds on my Nvidia shield. The only drawback is in streaming from online sources is you are dependent on how fast the uploading server is so it's important to have a Debrid account for faster speeds.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-03-25, 02:14)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 01:39)CK77 Wrote: Not really a skin question, but more hoping to get some good tips from the knowledgeable people here.

I use a library integrated add-on which is a virtual library in reality the metadata and whatnot is stored locally in the add-ons data folder. My virtual library is about 900 movies and around 500 TV shows. My 30 plus widgets load up in 2 seconds on my Nvidia shield. The only drawback is in streaming from online sources is you are dependent on how fast the uploading server is so it's important to have a Debrid account for faster speeds.  
And this way you share your library with multiple KODI instances?
Do you have any info or a link on how to set this up?
I don't use online sources, I have everything locally stored

I just checked again and it takes around 10-15 sec from the moment the bingie splashscreen shows up until the first widget is loaded. it takes up to 30 sec before spotlight content is loaded. This is all on an intel NUC with 8GB ram and a speedy SSD. All my movies are stored on USB3.0 external HD's.
At the moment it's only the standard widget loading. I haven't changed much yet after the new skin installed
(2019-03-25, 01:37)cartman.dos Wrote:

Oh damn. I know why that is then. thanks!

By that response can I assume you have a fix for the problem and I don't have to redo all my widgets?
(2019-03-25, 02:23)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 02:14)cscott1 Wrote:

I just checked again and it takes around 10-15 sec from the moment the bingie splashscreen shows up until the first widget is loaded. it takes up to 30 sec before spotlight content is loaded. This is all on an intel NUC with 8GB ram and a speedy SSD. All my movies are stored on USB3.0 external HD's.
At the moment it's only the standard widget loading. I haven't changed much yet after the new skin installed

I just double checked to make sure I wasn't bullshitting you all my smart playlist and tag widgets load in 2 seconds the the widgets from the skin helper widget helper The ones that come pre-installed like my list in TV Shows are much slower the same about 15 seconds. On startup which isn't a big I just use my home button when exiting Kodi or other apps that way they stay open in the background. I can pm you the instructions for the library integrated add-on if you like or just google how to set up library integration for add-ons in Kodi lots of tutorials out there.
(2019-03-25, 02:37)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 02:23)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 02:14)cscott1 Wrote: I use a library integrated add-on which is a virtual library in reality the metadata and whatnot is stored locally in the add-ons data folder. My virtual library is about 900 movies and around 500 TV shows. My 30 plus widgets load up in 2 seconds on my Nvidia shield. The only drawback is in streaming from online sources is you are dependent on how fast the uploading server is so it's important to have a Debrid account for faster speeds.  

I just double checked to make sure I wasn't bullshitting you all my smart playlist and tag widgets load in 2 seconds the the widgets from the skin helper widget helper The ones that come pre-installed like my list in TV Shows are much slower the same about 15 seconds. On startup which isn't a big I just use my home button when exiting Kodi or other apps that way they stay open in the background. I can pm you the instructions for the library integrated add-on if you like or just google how to set up library integration for add-ons in Kodi lots of tutorials out there. 
 Does your main spotlight widget also take 30sec to load on initial startup?
I'm just looking for some tips on the best way to use a local library with multiple instances of KODI.
I thought that the MySql DB option was the best, but now i'm not so sure, hence the question here  Big Grin
(2019-03-25, 02:46)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 02:37)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 02:23)CK77 Wrote: And this way you share your library with multiple KODI instances?

I'm just looking for some tips on the best way to use a local library with multiple instances of KODI.
I thought that the MySql DB option was the best, but now i'm not so sure, hence the question here  Big Grin

My spotlight only takes a few seconds. What exactly do you mean when you say multiple instances of Kodi?
I am using the simple confluence-style homescreen vertical layout and i used to use the small poster layout for the widgets with single widget large for the widget rows to display 1 large widget with all the new movies/tv shows on the old bingie beta. I don't see those 2 settings on the new version. Is it possbile to do this on the new version? see example below....

(2019-03-25, 02:51)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 02:46)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 02:37)cscott1 Wrote: I just double checked to make sure I wasn't bullshitting you all my smart playlist and tag widgets load in 2 seconds the the widgets from the skin helper widget helper The ones that come pre-installed like my list in TV Shows are much slower the same about 15 seconds. On startup which isn't a big I just use my home button when exiting Kodi or other apps that way they stay open in the background. I can pm you the instructions for the library integrated add-on if you like or just google how to set up library integration for add-ons in Kodi lots of tutorials out there. 

My spotlight only takes a few seconds. What exactly do you mean when you say multiple instances of Kodi? 
 I want KODI on my PC and KODI on my Nvidia Shield box to use the same DB so everything is in sync.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26