• 105(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-05-02, 12:31)cartman.dos Wrote: Hey guys - curious to hear from ppl here using the skin, how many of you are actually using/care for the non-bingie layouts?
Since I don't actually have time to start a new skin from fresh I'm thinking of starting heading this way with removing non-bingie stuff so I have a working framework for bingie and then keep it going from there...
I guess I'm one of the few using non-bingie homescreen... Big vertical home layout was the main reason which led me to titan skin many years ago. So it will be a great loss for me. But, as usual, your skin your rules! With the new 1.0.2 I can see that you're almost close to perfection in bingie style so I can fully understand if you want to concentrate your efforts on a single specific aspect.
In any case, amazing job!

EDIT: some posts ago I tried to propose you an alternative idea to keep a full vertical homepage layout with a bingie twist but links to my mock-ups didn't work, I'll try again:
That's how my actual vertical homepage looks like and this is how I imagine it with a bingie flavour. Let me know what do you think about it.
(2019-05-03, 09:52)FlashOne Wrote:
(2019-05-02, 12:31)cartman.dos Wrote: Hey guys - curious to hear from ppl here using the skin, how many of you are actually using/care for the non-bingie layouts?
Since I don't actually have time to start a new skin from fresh I'm thinking of starting heading this way with removing non-bingie stuff so I have a working framework for bingie and then keep it going from there...
I guess I'm one of the few using non-bingie homescreen... Big vertical home layout was the main reason which led me to titan skin many years ago. So it will be a great loss for me. But, as usual, your skin your rules! With the new 1.0.2 I can see that you're almost close to perfection in bingie style so I can fully understand if you want to concentrate your efforts on a single specific aspect.

EDIT: some posts ago I tried to propose you an alternative idea to keep a full vertical homepage layout with a bingie twist but links to my mock-ups didn't work, I'll try again:
That's how my actual vertical homepage looks like and this is how I imagine it with a bingie flavour. Let me know what do you think about it. 
You should achieve the wished 'bingie flavour' when disable spotlight widget in and using bingie home ?!

I remember it was an option, isnt it?
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
it doesnt save my homemenu icons :-(
(2019-05-03, 10:31)mardukL Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 09:52)FlashOne Wrote:

You should achieve the wished 'bingie flavour' when disable spotlight widget in and using bingie home ?!

Actually there's an option to completely hide spotlight widget but in this way the top frame with infos is hided too...
Also, bingie home layout doesn't allow to use single/multiple large multi rows widget (deal breaker for me) and doesn't show a rss feed.

BTW, if you took a close look to my previous linked gifs you can note that I used your big modern home layout to built my mock up; I really like it but imho would be even better with a small persistent icons panel that shows at a glance in which hub you are.
(2019-05-03, 13:49)FlashOne Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 10:31)mardukL Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 09:52)FlashOne Wrote: I guess I'm one of the few using non-bingie homescreen... Big vertical home layout was the main reason which led me to titan skin many years ago. So it will be a great loss for me. But, as usual, your skin your rules! With the new 1.0.2 I can see that you're almost close to perfection in bingie style so I can fully understand if you want to concentrate your efforts on a single specific aspect.

Actually there's an option to completely hide spotlight widget but in this way the top frame with infos is hided too...
Also, bingie home layout doesn't allow to use single/multiple large multi rows widget (deal breaker for me) and doesn't show a rss feed.

BTW, if you took a close look to my previous linked gifs you can note that I used your big modern home layout to built my mock up; I really like it but imho would be even better with a small persistent icons panel that shows at a glance in which hub you are.  
That's actually not that hard to achieve, once I have a clean framework for bingie I could start making different layouts based on the same theme.
Like a mouse-oriented, touch-oriented, PC-oriented, etc...

And in a way have much less options but different layouts that were tailored for different uses.
This is the ambition anyways, only it's conflicting with life duties and the amount of free time that I have to spend on this stuff Smile

(2019-05-03, 11:18)bushida87 Wrote: it doesnt save my homemenu icons :-(
Changing shortcuts icons works fine on my end...no one has reported about it, so maybe a local issue...
Note that what is set as icon in Bingie layout is valid for bingie layout only, other layout sets a thumb instead. and secondly, sometime when you set an icon it doesn't update on the edit window but when opening home tab skinshortctus will rebuild menu with changed icons...
(2019-05-03, 14:25)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 13:49)FlashOne Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 10:31)mardukL Wrote: You should achieve the wished 'bingie flavour' when disable spotlight widget in and using bingie home ?!

That's actually not that hard to achieve, once I have a clean framework for bingie I could start making different layouts based on the same theme.

And in a way have much less options but different layouts that were tailored for different uses.
This is the ambition anyways, only it's conflicting with life duties and the amount of free time that I have to spend on this stuff Smile
That would be awesome, keep up with your good job!
Note: maybe you forget it but pvr non-slim osd is still missing the time bar!
(2019-05-03, 15:11)FlashOne Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 14:25)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 13:49)FlashOne Wrote: Actually there's an option to completely hide spotlight widget but in this way the top frame with infos is hided too...

Note: maybe you forget it but pvr non-slim osd is still missing the time bar
Which OSD are you using? just tested the 3 with my pseudo pvr and each had a progress bar.
In your OSD settings, do you have bingie osd on/off? slim osd on/off?
why the latest version is heavy?
the first i launched kodi the skin is fine
but in seconds the skin is having laging from one widget to another widget
and i redoing about extract the skin using winrar and reinstalling kodi aplication
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2019-05-03, 15:46)3500 Wrote: why the latest version is heavy?
and i redoing about extract the skin using winrar and reinstalling kodi aplication
You don't need to do any unraring or anything, let it install from repo...
Shouldn't be heavier, lighter actually if anything...
With 1.0.2 it seems that the skin is a bit faster on my Nvidia Shield. 
Although I did an automatic update I changed some values that are mentioned in the Changelog. (e.g. widget limit now at 30 - before at 150)
And I have to say that I really like this skin... and it has a great "WAF" too... my wife like it a lot Big Grin
(2019-05-03, 15:33)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 15:11)FlashOne Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 14:25)cartman.dos Wrote: That's actually not that hard to achieve, once I have a clean framework for bingie I could start making different layouts based on the same theme.

Note: maybe you forget it but pvr non-slim osd is still missing the time bar!  
Which OSD are you using? just tested the 3 with my pseudo pvr and each had a progress bar.
In your OSD settings, do you have bingie osd on/off? slim osd on/off? 
Both options are off
Yes please, I'm using only netflix bingie stuff everything else is disabled anyways. Thank you for the skin, Love it.
(2019-05-03, 15:56)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-05-03, 15:46)3500 Wrote: why the latest version is heavy?
You don't need to do any unraring or anything, let it install from repo...
Shouldn't be heavier, lighter actually if anything...   
skin helper service is the culprit
because when i install extra skin as your skin the skin is having laging
not just your skin, i tried another skin and is having laging
but when i use default skin such as estuary the kodi is faster
when i downgrade to marcel version the skin is fine but there's error notification pop-up

EDIT:
so updating the skin helper service from your repo
and the widget is laging, the laging what i meant is the landscape thumb is having laging loading
the landscape thumb is blacked without thumb because the skin is laging cause the skin helper service

fyi: i'm enable the rating from imdb, tmdb, tvdb, rotten, meta
and i know the addon skin helper service is used by those rating

if i using the older version of skin helper service, the tmdb, tvdb, rotten, and meta is not showing
but when i'm using your version of skin helper service the ratings is showed up
but in a second is having laging when i'm scrolling my movie one by one because loading up the info from internet

so i don't know, maybe i must not using the ratings info
if that's the only alternative way to fix this laging issue
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3

I only use Bingie... I'm one of the ones that wants an exact Netflix experience. The only things that are on my wish list is I wish I were able to use different layouts for widgets with the fixed vertical scrolling, poster and landscape Widebox in particular as Netflix has a similar widget. Also if cleaning up Bingie would improve performance and make it easier to fix the wrong clearlogo issue I'm all for it especially since Marduk has a MOD that offers all those views for those who want them.

Out of curiosity what is your reasoning for slimlining Bingie? What do you hope to accomplish in doing so?
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD

At first, I really preferred using the 'modern vertical' I think it was called but the bingie v.1 is a whole different beast. It's pretty incredible what you've done with it and I think it should be the focus. Building other themes off of it's base seems most logical to me

The only thing I really really really wish you added is a mobile/ touchscreen version of your skin and the other row types that are available on Netflix like the poster looking one

Also, been out of town, I'll work on those icons when I get home next week, my bad for the lag man
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26