Artwork Downloader keep using it
FIRST get a copy of "script.artwork.downloader-14.4.0.0.zip" and install it thru > Settings, Add-ons, Install from Zip file. After it installs shut down KODI and go to the "addons" sub-directory for your version of KODI (mine is : C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi") and look for "script.artwork.downloader" inside this this sub-directory is a file called "addon.xml". Open it with any text editor and look for version=some number"  and change it to this version="18.0.0"   save the file and changes and close. Restart KODI and you will be able to continue using it without reinstalling it every time KODI does an add-ons update!

If in posting this I hope I am not breaking any rules. I cannot find any that forbids what I have done here, but if so, I am sorry and delete this post.

If not, this saves a lot of needless repetition.
Nope, doesn't break any rule. As long as you now take over the cries for help from members that still can't get it to work Wink

Curious though why you would insist on using a broken add-on when another is available which is constantly updated. Many skins have already removed support for it, with most of the others being removed when v18 is released.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-08-22, 22:54)Karellen Wrote: Curious though why you would insist on using a broken add-on when another is available which is constantly updated. Many skins have already removed support for it, with most of the others being removed when v18 is released.
 I can answer this - the reason is that the replacement doesn't work as well and in particular won't let you use your own artwork (anything you have created and saved locally) like Artwork Downloader will.
Really? My library is full of local artwork and Artwork Beef has no problems finding and registering it in Kodi. There were some initial teething problems when I first installed it early this year, but they were quickly rectified by @rmrector

I never did use Artwork Downloader, so maybe there are other functions I am not aware of? I can't imagine what these other functions could possibly be though.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-08-22, 19:32)melons2 Wrote: FIRST get a copy of "script.artwork.downloader-14.4.0.0.zip" and install it thru > Settings, Add-ons, Install from Zip file. After it installs shut down KODI and go to the "addons" sub-directory for your version of KODI (mine is : C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi") and look for "script.artwork.downloader" inside this this sub-directory is a file called "addon.xml". Open it with any text editor and look for version=some number"  and change it to this version="18.0.0"   save the file and changes and close. Restart KODI and you will be able to continue using it without reinstalling it every time KODI does an add-ons update!

If in posting this I hope I am not breaking any rules. I cannot find any that forbids what I have done here, but if so, I am sorry and delete this post.

Where did you get script.artwork.downloader-14.4.0.0.zip from?
I kept a copy that I downloaded when that thread was still open:

Here it is: Artwork Downloader (14.4.0.0) by @burekas
(2018-08-25, 05:54)UbuntuUser Wrote:
(2018-08-22, 19:32)melons2 Wrote: FIRST get a copy of "script.artwork.downloader-14.4.0.0.zip" and install it thru > Settings, Add-ons, Install from Zip file. After it installs shut down KODI and go to the "addons" sub-directory for your version of KODI (mine is : C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi") and look for "script.artwork.downloader" inside this this sub-directory is a file called "addon.xml". Open it with any text editor and look for version=some number"  and change it to this version="18.0.0"   save the file and changes and close. Restart KODI and you will be able to continue using it without reinstalling it every time KODI does an add-ons update!

Where did you get script.artwork.downloader-14.4.0.0.zip from? 
 You will have to get and insert your own API keys, you can download it here and follow the instruction on getting api's and putting them in.

Artwork Downloader 14.4.0.0
Is this still working?

Reason I ask, is it continues to say it downloaded images after running the script 3 times in a row
Yes, it works. If you have followed the instructions, gotten your own API's and put them in.
Now there could be issues related to your setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader keep using it0