A better remote than the Amazon Fire TV Cube?
I have an Amazon Fire TV and an Amazon Fire TV Cube.   They both have Kodi installed on them and I connected both to a Synology NAS server that has my DVD library collection on it.

They both have the bluetooth remotes that came with Amazon Fire TVs.

I have Kodi installed on both and about 70% of the time, I'm running Kodi.

I ripped the DVDs using AnyDVD so Kodi plays the files like a DVD.  The DVD menu of the ripped movie comes up and I can navigate it easily most of the time.

But I don't like the Amazon remote.  My biggest complaint is that the Home button on the remote does not map to the "Menu" button of a DVD player.  So if I hit the Home button on the remote, Amazon takes me out of Kodi and puts me in the Home page, where I can select Kodi or the other apps installed on the Amazon Fire.  Then I need to go back into Kodi and replay the files again to get back to where I was watching the movie.

I know how to navigate the menu in Kodi.

I did a search in this forum and most of the remotes that were discussed were either infrared and/or the big "keyboard" type remotes.

But is there another remote that works with Amazon Fire that's better for use with Kodi than the Amazon remotes?

I don't want a big bluetooth remote that has a keyboard and requires me to use two hands.  Something the size of the Amazon remote or a TV remote would be preferable.  But I would like a few more keys on the remote so that I can use another key as the "Menu" button when I'm playing Kodi rather than accidentally hitting the Home button.

Is there a bluetooth remote out there that is more complementary with Kodi than the Amazon remote?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A better remote than the Amazon Fire TV Cube?0