Kodi, at state of uselessness
No worth it.
Strange that for all these problems I don’t see a single post in your post history since Feb 2017.
Also github is the last place we will send you to cause it's not for regular users
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-08-25, 18:40)ac0mputerguru Wrote: As an IT professional, I can't find ANYTHING related to my problems THAT APPLIES TO THE ALPHA/BETA VERSIONS.
I don't know... Tens of millions of Kodi users worldwide, and again it's the "experienced IT professionals" that somehow have the biggest problems, foulest mouths and weirdest complaints. The number of threads on SMB connection problems must surely be into the 20-30's here, it was and still is one of the biggest challenges for non-technical Kodi users. How are you not able to find those on our forum?

This is your first post after 3rd February 2017. Nothing since then was posted here, no Kodi team members were consulted or information otherwise requested AFAICT.

We can't please everybody. Tens of millions of users minus 1 it is.
I am an it professional (frankly i fail to see the importance of that fact), run Kodi in many different scenarios and do not experience any of the vague issues you so eloquently describe. In fact i think that the latest beta version is the best yet.

My experience on this board is quite different; Just like life in general you get back what you give out.

Demanding answers shouting it all sucks will give a different outcome than when you would do some effort properly describing any issue you encounter. You might be amazed by the extend of help you will receive. Lots of examples here to back that up.

I have been reading some of your earlier posts and, while ignoring the tone they all tend to have was unable to extract any concrete problem to help solve.

I wish you all the luck in the world with the VLC solution, which you state is a huge downgrade. Again, not my experience with that excellent piece of software.

Regards,

Atreyu
could you please link to a thread where you described your issue with KODI no longer working after TV has been turned off? your last post (apart from this one) was more than a year ago. So clearly you didn't ask us but likely in some other community forum that is not us
He must refer I his ticket here

https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17942

Which I tried to tackle but which is quiet hard to debug because the issue happens when (you guess it) the tv / Display is turned off - and remote session debugging influences the issue to change behaviour. This combined with my almost non-existent kodi time atm might look to him like nobody cares - no idea.

I never sent him to GitHub ... why would I.

Well I use kodi only with a display turned on - so legally I simple could stop caring ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Wow, if you look at his previous posts he was just as rude if not worse -- and I think he *was* referring to his 2016 posts, maybe he had someone being rude in irc or something? Benefit of the (strong) doubt and whatnot.

I only took interest because I have seen some overly rude people on the forums before and was initially sympathetic...but I see no evidence of that at all with this guy, save for himself.

ANYWAY...
Quote:v17 won't support anything but SMB1, which my Windows 7 and 10 servers no longer support.
You can technically re-enable, but it's disabled for a good reason. I'm not sure I'd consider a security exploit in SMB1 causing it to be disabled in Windows versions to really be a fault of Kodi like you seem to imply, though. You could always try and backport the updated SMB code from newer Kodi if you really wanted to, or see if someone sympathetic would, but they'd be doing you a favor and you catch more flies with honey. IMHO, target v18 like you seemed to. People only have so much personal time to invest and I'm sure they'd prefer to work towards fixing bugs in v18 then updating not-broken legacy versions.
Quote:v18 Beta supports my network drives, but crashes whenever I turn off the monitor
Definitely something to report. Luckily you did, good! It sucks that it's taking a long time and that's frustrating, but Kodi is not a business, and nobody was rude to you (first). The reason you get rude responses is because you're being rude, plain and simple. Please don't be rude, a lot of us who lack the skills or time depend on the good-will of these guys to develop their favorite software and would hate to see people get upset or leave a project that many actually do appreciate.
Quote:and none of the 3rd party addons will perform a search function.
I'd bet a wooden nickle regarding what types of 3rd party addons you're talking about. Nobody here is going to be sympathetic with you if I were to win that bet. If I'm wrong, maybe try submitting a not-rude report to the developers of those addons?
Quote:How sad for what WAS a good app.
Alpha/Beta software is just that, take it easy eh?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi, at state of uselessness0