Generating Channels Workaround - TV Shows not loading in order
I'm looking for an alternative way to generate channel playlists for Pseudotv, currently tv show episodes are not playing in order with local media

I am a daily user of pseudotv live, its practically the only way my family and I watch non live tv programming. When the EPG generates channels it seems to omit many tv episodes and does not play tv shows in order despite having that option selected.  I have tested this with a fresh install and build and local media and nothing seems to work.

Channel Manager Playlist is set to generate all episodes for a single tv show and play them in order on a channel.  Regardless if the tv show has 10 episodes or 255 they are all random when they show up in the EPG.  

According the cache generated xsp file it appears to be accurate for a smart playlist however when viewing the channel.m3u file it is all over the place.  The Channel m3u file is missing a ton of episodes even though everything is imported properly inside Kodi's library.  

I know most of this stuff is going to be corrected/updated with the next version but does anyone have a good workaround for creating m3u playlists for channels outside of the Pseudotv live channel manager? 

I would have attached a log file but last time I made a request I was told there would be no more assistance with the current build.  

Version of Kodi - (multiple... 17.6, SPMC, 18 Alpha 3)
Source of Media - Local hard drive only
Fresh Install no additional addons installed 
OS - Windows 10
PseudoTV .0.8.f - all default settings (media limit set to Unlimited)
This was due to a bug in Kodi which was fixed in Leia; not sure if it was merged... however I saw the commit a few months ago.

::Update:: Here is the commit I was referring to; I know this was an issue for me while developing PTVL... not sure if this was the cause of your specific issue.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13059
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Lunatixz as always thank you for your hard work and reply, should I try a Leia nightly and generate channels using the channel manager to get it to work?
Answer Found on Reddit - (the last place I would look for help with PseudoTV).. and I just test it, it works

Cothageris
1 point·1 year ago
Well glad this is getting fixed, thanks lunatixz. Really it's a great product.
I had been having this problem for almost a year now and it randomly fixed itself yesterday when I accidentally clicked "reset to defaults" in the add on settings for ptvl. You might also try starting from a clean install of ptvl if all else fails.
But here are the settings I use to get shows to play in order when it does work.
First, use a smart playlist instead of ptvl channel settings.
Smart playlist settings: Playlist type - episodes Sort by episode, ascending Rule, TV show - is - "any number of shows" (use browse)
Make sure you name it before closing out of the playlist settings, kodi has a weird bug that will mess up the playlist if you close it and then name it. View your playlist to see if it's in the order you want.
Then create a new channel with type playlist in ptvl, select your smart playlist, make sure the switch for "play in order is on." In general settings for ptvl there is a setting toward the bottom for "reset on next start-up". Turn that on anytime you mess with your channels and it should rebuild them.
Hope that helps.
(2018-08-27, 00:07)RORO-RR Wrote: Lunatixz as always thank you for your hard work and reply, should I try a Leia nightly and generate channels using the channel manager to get it to work?
 Here is the commit I was referring to; I know this was an issue for me while developing PTVL... not sure if this is the cause of your specific issue.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13059

I really don't remember v.0.8.x all that well. So its hard for me to advise you... With Kodi Leia going beta 1 we are growing closer to a PseudoTV Live v.0.9.x release.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Generating Channels Workaround - TV Shows not loading in order0