• 1(current)
Broken Locast

Available from my beta repo and the Official Kodi repository.

Requires access to: http://ip-api.com
Service is Geo-restricted*
*Absolutely no support given to VPN users or any attempt to circumvent region lock-outs.

Features:
  • IPTV simple integration
  • PseudoTV Live support
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
awesome, i'll will check it out today.  thank you.
hello, downloaded on 2 different computers.  I have a locast account, but when I click on one of the options, it just keeps saying working and never does anything.
You have register and be logged into your account in the Locast add-on settings.   You also have be located (ip address) within the geographic area to which you are trying to stream.   Add-on works great.
That's odd.  I am registered and in the area, and Locast works fine outside of Kodi.  Wonder what I am  doing wrong, since it  doesn't seem to work on 2 different computers.
(2018-09-02, 03:02)bsellers100 Wrote: That's odd.  I am registered and in the area, and Locast works fine outside of Kodi.  Wonder what I am  doing wrong, since it  doesn't seem to work on 2 different computers.
 Enable debugging in both Kodi and the plugin then attach a log; thx
@Lunatixz, thanks so much for this add-on. Just stumbled upon Locast & it's great I can now use it on my Shield TV and Fire TV via your Kodi add-on (vs. an Android web browser). Works great!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I'm having similar issues to @bsellers100  - I've added the username/password and am in a service area but when I use physical remote control to select the Locast addon, all it does is work (spinner on the screen). I don't get the option of guide, live, channel, etc.

However, if I use a different PC to control that same Kodi box via the webui, then I can select a channel and watch it.
So I know the user/pass are entered correctly, and I know that I am definitely in a service area (ie: NY). So there is just something at the beginning, when I first use a physical remote (Logitech Harmony) to select it, where something goes haywire.

Other clues - while it is spinning trying to load, if I hit Stop, nothing stops. If I hit exit, it exits briefly - but then immediately starts spinning again. If I press Exit quickly, several times - then I can actually exit.

I did once manage to get the a screen that gave me options for live/guide/channels (I think those were the 3 options, there was one more option ".." to go up a directly). However whenever I pressed an up or down arrow, it would only briefly go up or down, before self-returning to the ".."). 

So I think somehow the physical control is somehow negatively interacting with the addon. I'll work on getting a log.
@bsellers100 @vinbot3000 You need to enable debugging in both Kodi and the Locast plugin... recreate the issue and submit a proper bug log (follow instructions below).
https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy 

No Log == No Resolution, THX
ok, thanks for posting directions on how to do.  I think this is what you need:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/uhivemupen/

I also have problems using my harmony remote, but also a mouse on another computer and a unified remote on a 3rd.  Exact same problems as vinbot 3000
(2018-09-15, 05:57)bsellers100 Wrote: ok, thanks for posting directions on how to do.  I think this is what you need:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/uhivemupen/

I also have problems using my harmony remote, but also a mouse on another computer and a unified remote on a 3rd.  Exact same problems as vinbot 3000
 Log is empty, as for remote keymaps thats on the user... You'll have to create a keymap for your remote.
Log, in theory here ....Log file

modified the kaltura line (I assume that is your addon) to mask what I assume are the unique ids).
You forgot to enable debugging in Locasts settings...also it appears you truncated your log, where are the initial entries!?
Let me try that again. I did the following ... 

1. Enable logging in locast 
2. Enable debug logging.
3. shutdown Kodi
4. Delete kodi.log
5. Started Kodi
6. Went to Locast addon ... 
7. Watched spinner for a while
8. Pressed ESC a number of times to get back to the menu
9. Shutdown Kodi 

For fun, I also installed a fresh Kodi on a PC and only setup Locast on that one, so there should be only basic Kodi and Locast stuff.

Log file kodi.log
This looks like a great idea, but unfortunately not available in my area yet. Hopefully they expand into this market before the cable monopolies sue them out of existence. All I can get on antenna TV here is the CBS affiliate, and the FOX affiliate maybe 15% of the time. (And the Jesus station, but they don't broadcast football games, so who cares?)
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Locast1