Using Kodi in China
Hello Y'all,

I'm in China right now and I have a Kodi device ready to go but I can't download or install any repository as the GFW doesn't allow me to do so. I have seen some posts about it but they are very outdated. Have anyone found any workaround to make it possible to access Kodi full potential here? Having a VPN built in router is not an option.

Cheers,
Kodi doesn't need a VPN to work properly.

Discussions about VPNs to circumvent geoblocking is not supported at this forum. If you are seeking help in that regard, I would suggest another forum. Be aware that the repos you are talking about might be on our banned list. Please be a bit more specific about which repositories can't be downloaded. Get us more infos. Maybe there's another problem. But therefore we need an example. So you have to tell us, what exactly you have tried. And please don't answer with "any" Wink

I'll move that discussion to the off-topic section for the time being. If you are referring to bannd repositories or add-ons, be aware that this thread might get binned.

Cheers
It’s important to note that third-party add-ons are usually less stable than official ones. They are notoriously unreliable and often come with their own problems. Additionally, third-party addons often use unlicensed sources (such as piracy sites). For these reasons, we advise our readers to use only official addons and seek properly licensed content wherever possible.
@Sam080 Thanks for kicking in open doors, Einstein. We really don't need useless posts in outdated forum threads, so refrain yourself from doing this again in the foreseeable future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Kodi in China0