Xbox One Audio Pass-thru support?
Hi,

I"d like to put the question out there, if HDMI HD audio pass thru will be supported in the near future.  To support DTS-HD and Dolby Digital True HD.
The option is just not there within this version of Kodi for Xbox One.
So far the only app on Xbox One that does it is the Bluray player from Microsoft that supports it.

Can someone provide any insight?  I'm really hoping to finally use my Xbox One for everything.  Right now, I still run an older PC to do my HD audio needs.
Thanks again!
Kam
I can confirm that XBox only puts out 5.1 for streaming. I have tested it and tested it and... tested it
(2018-08-27, 19:26)jcwillia1 Wrote: I can confirm that XBox only puts out 5.1 for streaming. I have tested it and tested it and... tested it
 5.1 that it puts out is not pass thru thought.  Just to be clear.
(2018-08-28, 01:55)Kamshaft Wrote:
(2018-08-27, 19:26)jcwillia1 Wrote: I can confirm that XBox only puts out 5.1 for streaming. I have tested it and tested it and... tested it

Sorry should have been more clear. Regardless of what you give it the Xbox will output at most 5.1.

Same story on plex.

Which irritates me to no end.
(2018-08-28, 13:45)jcwillia1 Wrote:
(2018-08-28, 01:55)Kamshaft Wrote:

Sorry should have been more clear. Regardless of what you give it the Xbox will output at most 5.1.

Same story on plex.

I agree.  If Microsoft would allow the pass thru feature to be used by Kodi too (llike the Bluray player)...it would be perfect!
(2018-08-29, 03:00)Kamshaft Wrote:
(2018-08-28, 13:45)jcwillia1 Wrote:
(2018-08-28, 01:55)Kamshaft Wrote:  5.1 that it puts out is not pass thru thought.  Just to be clear. 

Same story on plex.

I agree.  If Microsoft would allow the pass thru feature to be used by Kodi too (llike the Bluray player)...it would be perfect!

I will be buying a shield at some point. No issue there.
Would be cool if one of the devs chimed in.
We have in the Xbox discussion thread. There's nothing we can do - it's a restriction on apps.
(2018-08-29, 07:18)Hitcher Wrote: We have in the Xbox discussion thread. There's nothing we can do - it's a restriction on apps.
 Thank you so much for chiming in!  Would be cool if Microsoft would allow you guys you tap into that!
(2018-08-30, 04:02)Kamshaft Wrote:
(2018-08-29, 07:18)Hitcher Wrote: We have in the Xbox discussion thread. There's nothing we can do - it's a restriction on apps.
 Thank you so much for chiming in!  Would be cool if Microsoft would allow you guys you tap into that!

Exact same story with plex. So stupid. (MS, not kodi or plex)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Audio Pass-thru support?0