Skins + Skin Mods for Music
@jjd-uk Sure.  There is a zip file for you at ...link obscured...  Includes fully tagged set and relevant artwork.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Got it, thanks for that it will be a massive help as want to add the Disc Title and other additions where it makes sense.
Looking forward to it!  I'm OK with tweaking the odd bit here and there and following what others have done, but that's about my limit.
Linking to some coding mods I've made to Layout 3 for the Aeon MQ8 Mulit-Mod (click on image to enlarge):

BTW, Discart shows only if available (not for this SS).

Fullscreen Layout 3: Aeon MQ8 MOD

I've leveraged the container.sortmethod here to show discart instead of cover if discart is available.  Falls back to cover if it isn't.  Correct cover is still shown in the left pane when navigating the discs.

Also, thanks to Dave's work freeing up the artmap, I have been able to add an art type of 'book' which I have used to display the booklets that come with many boxsets. Button only appears if an album/set has associated booklet art.

Had to skin a new window for the booklets, so it's pretty rudimentary but it does the job. I reused the right/left keyboard icons for the arrows at the bottom. If anyone would like the code for the booklet dialog window just ask.

Although I did these mods for me, I thought I'd share them anyway as they might inspire others. I've tried to get somewhere near to actually having the set in my hand, only digitally instead of going in the loft and finding the box its stored in.
@black_eagle, I've been very interested in a way to open existing artwork folders while music is playing and your "booklet" idea seems like just the ticket.  I've tried to DL your mod from your repository but getting a dependency error (gui version 5.13.0?).
@jasn Thats because its not available for download anywhere.  The original mod of Estuary that I'm using was done by another user and AFAIK, never released publicly.  I also promised the author not to post the code anywhere. If you'd like details of how to create the booklet window (that's code I wrote so thats OK to post) and the button etc, feel free to create a new thread where I can help out as this isn't the thread to do it in.
Thanks for the offer @black_eagle.  I may start that thread but not at this time.
Estuary Music Viz Redesign

Before

It's been often commented that fanart and visualisations have a blue tinge to them, this is because the Estuary background image you see when there is no fanart available is permanently active, so the fanart is placed above this blue background creating the blue tinge to fanart. In addition fanart has a transparency effect applied so in the case when both fanart of visualisation is active the visualisation can be seen though the fanart.

After

As you can see below, when there is fanart available (or visualisation is active) the blue background image is now disabled and is now only enabled if there's no fanart or visualisation active.

Disabling the background image when fanart is available necessitated a redesign as it had the effect of darkening the fanart which aided readability of the info text. In order to retain readability of the info test a new overlay was necessary, however this is only needed when the info text is displayed to allow the white info text to stand out against the fanart. However I've tried to make this overlay as transparent as possible so the fanart can be seen through it, while at the same time retaining readability of the text. The opportunity was taken while these changes were being made to more closely align the layout of music info to how video info is displayed to provide greater consistency.

The transparency effect that was also always active on fanart has now also been removed for the case where a visualisation is NOT active, so now the transparency is only in effect when both fanart & visualisation are active.

I came across this topic bay to create my own patches, the effect of foreign (not yet completed)
I have a problem only with discart downloads 2 out of 10 songs (not always)
Images taken from pvr radio (MODS skin SiLVO)

(2020-03-02, 21:49)black_eagle Wrote: If you'd like details of how to create the booklet window (that's code I wrote so thats OK to post) and the button etc, feel free to create a new thread where I can help out as this isn't the thread to do it in.
Hi @black_eagle. I’m interested in implementing additional album art for booklets scans etc. I’d love to see what you’ve done. Should I start a new thread here in Music or in the Skinning support thread?
@HomerJau I guess of the two, the skinning section would probably be best although it is related to both categories.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skins + Skin Mods for Music1