Skins + Skin Mods for Music
Great, thanks for that! May I request an additional tag for bit depth 16/24? My creative suggestion so as not to overload the GUI would be change the tag for the bitrate. 16 bit would show the regular tag (blue font on black background) and 24 bit would show an inverted tag (blue solid background with black font). Would that be do-able?

Edit:
Also, I think I had that exchange with either you or Scott in another thread: Could you maybe add an (i) button to GUI the left of the rating button to call up info?

More Edits:
Maybe I'm wrong, but the value you're showing in "Now Playing" with khz seems to be the average bitrate of the file (which should be in kbs / kilobit per second). Not sure if that value is all too interesting since it says more about compression ratio and throughput but not about quality. A more interesting value here would be the sample rate, IMHO.
(2018-10-21, 22:48)HeresJohnny Wrote: I'd love to see some more technical info in the music OSD, like

- 16/24 Bits
- Samplerate khz: 44/48/88.2/96/192/DSD
- Channel info: Mono/Stereo/3.0/4.0/5.0/5.1
- HDCD
- DVD-A
I would also love to see this information in the OSD if possible.

Great work so far!
(2019-03-05, 15:11)Bobsmaginty Wrote:
(2018-10-21, 22:48)HeresJohnny Wrote: I'd love to see some more technical info in the music OSD, like

- 16/24 Bits
- HDCD
- DVD-A

Great work so far! 
This data is available in Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod (via download with tons of music bells and whistles) and Aeon MQ8 (in repository, with fewer and a simpler fullscreen look)
(2019-03-05, 20:16)jasn Wrote:
(2019-03-05, 15:11)Bobsmaginty Wrote:

- 16/24 Bits
- HDCD
- DVD-A

Great work so far!  
This data is available in Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod (via download with tons of music bells and whistles) and Aeon MQ8 (in repository, with fewer and a simpler fullscreen look) 
 Thank you very much for the information, much appreciated.
PR created that will bring a new Music playlist view called "Now Playing" to Estuary, if it's accepted.

This new view allows you to sit in the Playlist window and it will always shows the media details of the currently playing track, in addition it still allows to browse the playlist and see the media details for the selected track.

See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17010 to monitor PR progression. THIS IS NOW MERGED & AVAILABLE IN NIGHTLY BUILDS
For anyone wishes to test alongside existing Estuary then download as a zip from:

[removed as now merged]

Use the Kodi install from zip. as this branch contains a modified addon extension it will be installed to a folder called skin.estuary.playlist from the GUI this version of Estuary will appear as Estuary Playlist Refactor.

PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THIS WILL BE ACCEPTED BUT POSITIVE FEEDBACK WILL HELP

- 16/24 Bits
- HDCD
- DVD-A

I did a mod for Aeon Nox: Silvo which displays this data and displays a logo based on user defined text of the current songs folder path:

DVD Audio converted to FLAC:

DTS-CD converted to FLAC:

In these two examples the album folder names are: Album Name (DVD-A) and Album Name (DTS-CD). I have logos for most formats including Atmos, BDA, SACD, DVD-A and many quad variations like CD-4, Quadradisc, QS, Q8, Quad Reel, SQ etc but easy to modify the code and logos.

Its just two changed files and all the media logos that need to be copied into the skin folder, although any skin update will overwrite the changes, so I turn off auto update for Aeon Nox Silvo.

EDIT: I’ve just recently updated them for latest AN Silvo for Kodi 18.5. Get the files and instructions here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/...ost-442130
Looks great! Love it
(2019-12-07, 16:42)jjd-uk Wrote: PR created that will bring a new Music playlist view called "Now Playing" to Estuary, if it's accepted.

This change has now been merged and will be available in Nightllies from tomorrow.
I've not yet made my mind up on what to work on next, if there are any big wants for the Estuary skin to improve the Music section then please post a request.
Since it's been requested a few times, I plan on adding a few extra media flags to the OSD

In addition to existing Codec flag we can show Channels, Sample Rate & Bit Rate

There is a MusicPlayer.BitsPerSample infolabel, I think this might be the same as bit depth however this seems to mostly report as 32 for me so doesn't seem to be of much use, and I assume this happens because the player uses float so we pad out to 32 bits. @DaveBlake would you happen to know?
I don't know @jjd-uk that is a player thing.

You may be interested to know I have on my todo list to add a number of the music file properties including channels and sample rate (of the recording) to the music database so that they can be used in filter rules, but also will mean that they can be displayed on the library views and player. It is an easy thing, I just need to find the time to do it (and the multi-disc/ boxed set db change sneeked in the meantime).
Hi All, & Happy New Year,
Since you're asking for suggestions, could I suggest the following;

Playcount: Improve it's visibility (?) across the skin.
1. In Album View, the playcount is displayed last on the bottom left of the screen whilst in Playlist View, it's displayed last on the bottom right.  If any of the information above it is longer than 1 line, the playcount disappears off-screen.  Could this be tweaked or maybe I could navigate to that info box with a remote control?
2. In the Song Information page (highlight song, press i), perhaps place playcount between MyRating & Choose Art?
3. This might be outside the design of the skin but maybe, in the Now Playing screen, playcount could be placed somewhere on the bottom bar (OSD? which displays Rating/Time/FileType)

Show ID3 tags scraped as an option via Song Information page
Section 9.4 of this Kodi wiki page shows the list of tags that are scraped by Kodi.  Would it be possible to add a button on the Song Information page that would lead to a simple 'spreadsheet' listing tags for each song? Include empty tags as well.  Maybe place the button between the 'Choose Art' & 'Album Info' buttons?

Add a toggle/switch to the sideblade for Replay Gain:
It is my (probably wrong) understanding that Track Replay Gain is best used when playing songs individually (e.g. a mixed playlist comprising songs from different albums) whilst Album Replay Gain is better when playing whole albums.  Would it be possible to add a switch (like Shuffle) to the Playlist sideblade so that, just before I start playing an entire album or a mixed playlist, I could choose the best Replay Gain for that situation?

Thanks for reading this far - hope it makes sense Smile

Happy New Year!
(2019-12-31, 20:19)dubwat Wrote: 1. In Album View, the playcount is displayed last on the bottom left of the screen whilst in Playlist View, it's displayed last on the bottom right.  If any of the information above it is longer than 1 line, the playcount disappears off-screen.  Could this be tweaked or maybe I could navigate to that info box with a remote control?

Could you confirm it is the default Estuary skin you are using? if so what version of Kodi are you using? I'm asking as I've done changes in these areas and what you are observing shouldn't be the case. Also if it is Estuary you are using could you take a screenshot so I can see what the issue is.
Thanks for replying.  Will do tomorrow (for obvious reasons)

I've a Vero 4K+, kept as stock as possible.  It's latest osmc build/kodi 18.5/Nov '2019).  Never installed any extra skins.  I also have Kodi on a Win10 computer but just for messing around with skins etc (music files are copies).  It's currently 18.4 & same problem.  

One thought.  The album cover photos in your screenshot above look smaller than mine (oh err, missus).  My music started life on a Win10 computer and I embedded album photos as 700-1000px images in each individual music file.  My mistake (because... future proofing  Confused ).  I didn't know any better at the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skins + Skin Mods for Music1