Skins + Skin Mods for Music
Re screenshots...
On Win10, I deleted Kodi and my profile info.  I downloaded and installed stock 18.5.  The only thing I changed was turning on Windowed mode.  The Kodi/music files on my computer are just for messing around with and, unfortunately, I couldn't find an album with 'extra long' lines of text.  But you can still see that Playcount disappears with an 872px image and almost disappears with a 300px image embedded in the MP3.

I used a Win10 music manager called MusicBee to embed the images.

These two screenshots have an 872px image embedded in the MP3.

I found a 300px image on the internet and replaced/embedded it into the MP3 and then updated the library.

HTH.  If there's any else you need me to do, just holler Smile

Edit:  I went back to MusicBee and moved the embedded photo to a standalone photo (folder.jpg).  Then, in Kodi, I deleted the old album, reimported the 'new' album, updated the library and the results were the same for 872px photo.  Didn't try it on the 300px photo.
(2020-01-01, 12:23)dubwat Wrote: HTH.  If there's any else you need me to do, just holler Smile

Strange you seem to have less space in those areas. Only other questions I have for the moment is what resolution display do you have? are those screenshots taken with kodi fullscreen or windowed?
The resolution on the Win10 computer is 1920x1080 and it was in windowed mode.  Good catch!  When I switched to full screen, the playcount reappeared!  So 'full screen' v. 'windowed' seems to be culprit for that album on Windows 10!

So I went to my main kodi box, the Vero 4k+, and it is also 1920x1080 full screen.  Kodi is osmc's version of kodi 18.5.  Skin is Estuary.  The playcount is also displayed properly for that album!
Vero 4k+, 1080p, full screen

However, when you look at an album with 'extra lines', playcount unfortunately disappears.  In the screenshots below from a Vero 4k+, there are two 'extra' lines of text and that pushes Duration and Playcount off the screen.  The album photo embedded in the MP3 below is 1000x1000px

Thanks for all your help.  If I can do anything further, let me know.
I tested for multline entries when I did the changes that added the additional tag info, however I will take another look. Also for anything that does get pushed off the bottom, if you wait a few seconds after selecting an item then the entries should scroll up automatically, I found it took a bit long to take effect so have shortened the delay for the scroll to take effect.

It would also be helpful if you could try a Windows v19 Matrix Nightly build from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/windows/win64/master/ you can run this without it having any effect on any existing install by running in portable mode, see https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode if you're not aware of how to do that. I ask this as part of my recent changes I've made some further adjustments to those areas so would be good to know if you observe the same issue.
@jjd-uk , I owe you an apology!  I spent a few minutes waiting for the auto-scroll to happen and it didn't.  Thinking I was missing something, I had a look at settings and found settings->interface->configure skin->Enable auto-scrolling for plot & review.  After turning it on, the auto-scrolling did happen & I'm very happy with how it functions!  It works on 18.5 on my Vero 4k+ and my Win10 computer.  In my defence, when I first read it way back when, I thought it was about movies rather than music... So sorry  Confused

I would still suggest adding playcount to the Song Information page... 

V19 nightly:
I installed the 1/Jan/2020 nightly in portable mode.  I have 'my rating' displayed at the bottom of my album covers.  (1) The auto-scrolling in the nightly runs over it and obscures it. In 18.5, it runs under 'my rating'. (2) In the new Playlist view, I don't know if it supposed to be there but playcount is not displayed on the right panel.

V19 1/Jan/2020 nightly, Win10

V19 1/Jan/2020 nightly, Win10

Again apologies & If I help in any further way, just holler...
Yes the wording of that setting should probably be made clearer. I made the scroll up slightly speedier in happening in the Nightlies, but there's a delicate balance to strike between being able to take what is shown before scroll up happens and not having too wait too long. As for the rating issue, that looks like a bug after my recent changes so I'll check that out.

As for info for the currently playing track (now playing), I deliberately didn't include Play Count, as I assumed that was only useful when deciding what to play, hence only shown for the selected tracks.
(2020-01-01, 21:29)jjd-uk Wrote: As for info for the currently playing track (now playing), I deliberately didn't include Play Count, as I assumed that was only useful when deciding what to play, hence only shown for the selected tracks.

Fair enough, (tbh) it's not a view I would choose myself but I thought I'd mention it.

It might be my imagination but the V19 nightly feels a bit snappier than 18.5.  Looks promising!

Have a nice evening Smile
I'm also keen to see the album cover stay on the OSD screen instead of dissapearing after a while. I fixed it on my own mod but it can probably be done in a better way by someone with more knowledge!
Oh I have a fix done for the v19 rating icon issue so thanks for noticing that, I'll PR against our code repo for inclusion in the next couple of days.
Thank you!

It's exactly the same in 18.5 and v19nightly but in the spirit of 'if you don't ask, you don't get'...  Big Grin

v19 nightly (1/1/20): move the rating icon to the right?
Fix the font on the buttons at the bottom of the MusicInfoDialog so that they fit properly.

EG

The truncated text on the artist information button, imho, is awful. I used a size of 20 for my button font.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
PR raised for the additional medial flags in Music Visualisation https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17183

Media flags PR now merged.
I raised a PR to allow Estuary to show the disc titles instead of the album title in the wall and info wall views (it already shows disc titles in shift and wide list) https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17249

Before change

After change

Learning Linux the hard way !!
@black_eagle could you possibly share a set of properly tagged files with me, as I want to look at adding full Boxset support in the list views where tag info is displayed in the side panels. Perhaps that Queen set as that's something I might use, if you're ok with that then upload wherever convenient and share privately with

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skins + Skin Mods for Music1