Kodi 18 only playing one music track
(2020-03-31, 18:50)HeresJohnny Wrote: There is an

</advancedsettings>

missing at the end of your advancedsettings.xml file.
You are right. But it was not the complete file, only the beginning with the changes.
(2020-03-30, 16:02)TomT Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 20:18)black_eagle Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 15:05)TomT Wrote: Had the same problem that kodi doesn't play the next song automatically anymore. Switching back to an "old" advancedsettings solved the problem!

Any chance you can post both of the 'advancedsettings.xml' file contents so we can try and find the difference between them ?  Might help throw up what actually causes this issue and whether or not it can be fixed in core. 

Cheers.   
not working:
<advancedsettings>
    <cache>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>    
        <memorysize>419430400</memorysize>
        <readfactor>4</readfactor>
    </cache>

working:
<advancedsettings>
    <cache>
        <memorysize>300000000</memorysize>
        <readfactor>8</readfactor> 
    </cache>

Maybe it was the memorysize. I`m now using a Shield TV 2019 with 2Gb. Before it was a Shield TV 2017 with 3Gb.

Thank you @TomT for sharing this!! I had the same issue, it was driving me crazy being unable to listen to albums. I never would have thought to check the buffer settings, but it turns out there was an extra 0 in my memorysize. Weirdly it was never an issue with movies. Thanks again!
Glad that it helped to solve your problem :-)
(2020-03-30, 16:02)TomT Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 20:18)black_eagle Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 15:05)TomT Wrote: Had the same problem that kodi doesn't play the next song automatically anymore. Switching back to an "old" advancedsettings solved the problem!

Any chance you can post both of the 'advancedsettings.xml' file contents so we can try and find the difference between them ?  Might help throw up what actually causes this issue and whether or not it can be fixed in core. 

Cheers.   
not working:
<advancedsettings>
    <cache>
        <memorysize>419430400</memorysize>
        <readfactor>4</readfactor>
    </cache>

working:
<advancedsettings>
    <cache>
        <memorysize>300000000</memorysize>
        <readfactor>8</readfactor> 
    </cache>

Maybe it was the memorysize. I`m now using a Shield TV 2019 with 2Gb. Before it was a Shield TV 2017 with 3Gb.
Thank very much @TomT for sharing this!! I had also the same issue, it was also driving me crazy being unable to listen to albums.
Many thanks again!
Glad that it worked for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 only playing one music track0