Multi-Episode handling
Question 
Hi there,

i believe Multi-Episodes are not properly supported right now, is that correct?
I have the following two examples:

Lost - S06E17-E18 - The End.mkv
Under the Dome - S03E01-E02 - Move On - But I'm Not.mkv

Particularly interesting here is that one has no second title while the other has.
It seems there can't be different thumbs assigned to both.
Unless you manually edit the *.nfo file like below:

<thumb>file:/Z:\TV Shows\Lost (2004)\Season 06\Episode 01-02\Lost - S06E01 - LA X-thumb.jpg</thumb>
<thumb>file:/Z:\TV Shows\Lost (2004)\Season 06\Episode 01-02\Lost - S06E02 - LA X-thumb.jpg</thumb>
<thumb>file:/Z:\TV Shows\Under the Dome (2013)\Season 03\Episode 01-02\Under the Dome - S03E01 - Move On-thumb.jpg</thumb>
<thumb>file:/Z:\TV Shows\Under the Dome (2013)\Season 03\Episode 01-02\Under the Dome - S03E02 - But I'm Not-thumb.jpg</thumb>

And manually add the above mentioned thumbs.
Quick fix for the issue until it makes it into a new release.

However... i would prefer a different approach. The episode is one single file and it should be displayed as such.
At the moment you will see two entries for this episode (01 and 02) in Kodi, they do have different thumbs now (as we just learned), different titles (if applicable) and generally separated meta within one single *.nfo file.
I propose to merge them -if possible- to something like this:

<title>Move On + But I'm Not</title>
    <showtitle>Under the Dome</showtitle>
    <rating>5.833 / 7.0</rating>
    <votes>6 / 5</votes>
    <season>3</season>
    <episode>1 + 2</episode>
    <uniqueid></uniqueid>
    <displayseason>3</displayseason>
    <displayepisode>1 + 2</displayepisode>
    <plot>Move On<br>A year after the dome disappears, Barbie, Joe, and the other townspeople gather for a memorial. A year earlier, Julia and Junior try to rescue Barbie and the others, but run afoul of Big Jim.<br>But I'm Not<br>Barbie investigates Ben's claim that something strange is going on in Chester's Mill, but Eva surprises him with unexpected news. Meanwhile, Norrie and Hunter grow closer, and Christine advises Joe to move on.</plot>
    <thumb>file:/Z:\TV Shows\Under the Dome (2013)\Season 03\Episode 01-02\Under the Dome - S03E01-E18 - Move On - But I'm Not-thumb.jpg</thumb>

This way it should show as one entry within Kodi but with two episode numbers and titles, yet one thumb.
How does that sound?
(2018-08-29, 16:45)IPhantom Wrote: Lost - S06E17-E18 - The End.mkv
Under the Dome - S03E01-E02 - Move On - But I'm Not.mkv
I never had a problem with the simple format
Lost - S06E17E18.mkv
Under the Dome - S03E01E02.mkv

but perhaps today's scrapers are working differently.
@Klojum 
With your file naming, it would also only show one thumb for multiple entries of the episode i assume?

I just noticed some odd behavior.
While the hack above is fine for TMM, Kodi will do one of the following (depending on the system):

Linux: It shows the first thumb for both episodes
Windows: It doesn't show a thumb at all for both

I also noticed that the thumb tag in the *.nfo file is usually blank and Kodi supposedly uses the thumb by matching file name.
If that is the case any modification of the *.nfo file is in fact useless. But then again i wonder where does Kodi get all the meta if it is set to "local info only"?

Anyone with insights who can enlighten me?
(2018-08-30, 09:06)IPhantom Wrote: With your file naming, it would also only show one thumb for multiple entries of the episode i assume?
No, they are listed as separate items in a season listing in Kodi. (And I now see this is a TinyMediaManager topic, so YMMV...).
(2018-08-30, 09:30)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-08-30, 09:06)IPhantom Wrote: With your file naming, it would also only show one thumb for multiple entries of the episode i assume?
No, they are listed as separate items in a season listing in Kodi. (And I now see this is a TinyMediaManager topic, so YMMV...). 
Yeah well for Kodi being the front-end it might help to understand what tweaks i need to use on the TMM back-end for Kodi to display the desired result.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-Episode handling0