Need for new tuner
I'm using WMC with HD Homerun but a channel or two often freezes or pixaliates.  When I connect the Antenna to TV no problem so obviously the tuner in the TV is better than SD.  My question is if I buy a Hauppauge PCI turner (HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD PCI Express TV Tuner Card 1609)  will this be available on the network for my raspbery pi's.  HD Homerun is connected to router but the Hauppauge is connected to PC so I'm not sure of the networking side of things so is the hauppauge also visible on the network too?
As far as I know the Hauppauge tuner will not be visible to your pi's.  However, if you use kodi/pvr.wmc/serverwmc the pi's can play channels by streaming from serverwmc on your server.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thanks.  Thats basically what I'm do now WMC--ServerWMC--PVR.WMC  (Kodi).  I just wasn't sure about the networking part since the Hauppauge is NOT connected to the router.
@Skyecairns 
I purchased a HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD tuner card earlier this year. Whilst it wasn't the exact same model as you've listed above, I did have issues with no audio on HD channels, as reported here:-
329417 (thread) and here 328817 (thread)

However, that was nearly 6 months ago, so things may well be very different now. I still have this card installed on my PC, so will give it a test. Was also using Kodi 18 at the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need for new tuner0