Live TV for HD channels stutters - pauses every few seconds - since Kodi 18 Alpha
i had some problems with hd channels in the past, using the fall back frame rate setting in the pvr playback settings helped a lot this was on kodi 17.6 though
Reg. Dumyat: No - stuttering is not improving when playing Live TV longer
Reg. Klojum: Sorry but I did not find out where to set the Whitelist in the settings ? Please give me a hint.

Thanks and Regards. Martin
(2018-09-10, 20:33)martin.klein Wrote: Reg. Dumyat: No - stuttering is not improving when playing Live TV longer
Reg. Klojum: Sorry but I did not find out where to set the Whitelist in the settings ? Please give me a hint.

Thanks and Regards. Martin
It can be found in System>>>Display. Think you also need to enable expert mode via the settings on the left-hand side of the System page in order to see the Whitelist option.
(2018-09-10, 20:33)martin.klein Wrote: Sorry but I did not find out where to set the Whitelist in the settings ?
In Settings/System/Display/Whitelist. The GUI menu level needs to be Standard or higher.
Thanks for the hint. I did not find the setting because the German Translation is "Erlaubte Auflösungen"...
Anyway I tried several resolutions. Even some very low level like 800x600 - but it has absolutly no influence to the problem. No improvement at all.

Then I added some buffering settings to advancedsettings.xml:
    <cache>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <memorysize>0</memorysize>
        <readfactor>8</readfactor>
    </cache>

But again no change or improvement !

So for me the problem is that with version 18 the Live TV stream is no longer adjusted to the capabilities of the network connection as it was adjusted in all previous versions. But the strange thing is that streaming is in Version 18 still adjusted to capabilities of the network for Video playback !!
So why is there now no adjustment for Live TV ? What was the reason to stop the adjustement for Live TV in Version 18 ?
Or was it simply forgotten to implement it in Version 18 ?

Regards Martin
I still have not been able to reproduce the problem using the files you sent me, they seem to work fine for me.  Can you post the kodi18 log after running one of these channels for a short time?  Please restart kodi right before you do it so that the log is not large.  I want to compare it to what I am finding to see the difference.  Don't forget to not post the log here, put it on pastebin.com and just put the link here.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Ok. Here we go. This time from a WLAN connection to make it more dramatic...
https://pastebin.com/D5ahptPr

Many thanks and regards
Martin
Does this problem described in the tread below sound like your problem?  You are getting some of the same errors in your kodi log.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=334453
Yes, this sounds like my problem. But I have it just for Live-TV - not for Videos.
Regards Martin
I tried again in the new Beta Versions but no improvement to this problem..
Even worse - I decided to go back to the 17.6 version - but there is no PVR-WMC Client anymore in the official distribution HuhHuh
And even worse there are no downloads for the elder versions 17.5, 17.4 etc....

So now I am completly lost with Kodi and PVR-WMC !

PLEASE suggest any solution for a workable PVR-WMC Clint in ANY version of Kodi !

Regards Martin Klein
Back again !! With the now official production version of Kodi 18.1 the problem is fixed on Raspi with the Libreelec version of 18.1. The TV channels in High definition run now without any stuttering.
However on Windows the Problem still exists in Kodi 18.1 unchanged - Live TV is still stuttering !!

With kind regards
Martin Klein
Have you tried it on more then one windows machine?
(2018-09-03, 19:42)martin.klein Wrote: I am on Kodi 18 Beta 1 with WMC Addon 2.3.3. When watching any High Definition Channel it stutters though I have a good connection.
With stuttering I mean that every few seconds a small Watch appears on the screen and counts for some seconds while the TV channel pauses.
It is completely unusable ! The problem is with all HD channels.
The problem started with Kodi 18 Alpha and its first WMC Addon.

I tried it on all my 3 windows PCs and installed the same Beta of Kodi 18 and have on all PCs the same problem.
All my PCs are on Windows 10 with latest Updates installed.
On all PCs it works with the old Kodi 17.6 !! All HD channels run smoothly without any problems !!

On my two Raspy Workstations it also runs without problems with the same backend with Kodi Version 16 !!

The Backend is always on the same Windows 10 PC (all Updates installed) with serverwmc Version 1244. I tried also the preview of 1250 but it had same problem.

Attached is the Trace where I watched a High Definition Channel for half a minute.
https://pastebin.com/k6XScq9F

Many thanks for your help.
Martin Klein

Admittedly, I am new to this Kodi stuff. I have WMC server on a Win10 1511 machine with WMC, two ceton cards for 8 tuners, eighth generation Intel processor, 32gigs, and everything else to go with a top notch machine. My laptop is a Win10 1909 machine running Kodi with pvr wmc client. 

I tried the latest Kodi version 18.somthing and got stuttering playing LIVE HD channels on my Laptop, so I downgraded to 17.6. Still got stuttering. The fix for me was to check off the background services priority box on the Win10 WMC machine. Now Kodi streams LIVE TV without any stuttering. I guess I will upgrade to the latest version sometime, but for now everything is working fine. I can sit on my balcony, smoke a cigar, and watch LIVE TV.

Go to Start, scroll down to Windows system in apps, right click on This Computer, select Properties, at the top click advanced tab, under performance (the first group) click on settings, at the top select the tab "advanced," change from Programs to background services, reboot.

Kodi has probably already addressed this problem in the instructions somewhere, but I don't read instructions. So, hope this helps folks like me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV for HD channels stutters - pauses every few seconds - since Kodi 18 Alpha0