• 4(current)
2017 Apple TV 4K - using the Kodi fork - MrMC review
(2018-11-29, 08:06)Vlaves Wrote: Could someone test please if the new FTV Stick 4k remote will pair with the Apple TV. The only thing bugging me on the ATV is the remote.
 Just tried. When I put the FTV Stick 4K remote into pairing mode (hold Home for 10") my Mac sees it as a Bluetooth device called "AR" as does the ATV 4K. I can pair it - but it doesn't do anything when it's paired.  (It pairs fine with an nVidia Shield TV and works nicely - even Voice Control - but they are both - generally speaking - Amazon devices)

My previous FTV Pendant 4K remote showed up as 'Amazon Fire TV Remote' (not 'AR') on my Mac but my ATV4K didn't see that at all?
(2018-11-30, 03:13)noggin Wrote:
(2018-11-29, 08:06)Vlaves Wrote: Could someone test please if the new FTV Stick 4k remote will pair with the Apple TV. The only thing bugging me on the ATV is the remote.
 Just tried. When I put the FTV Stick 4K remote into pairing mode (hold Home for 10") my Mac sees it as a Bluetooth device called "AR" as does the ATV 4K. I can pair it - but it doesn't do anything when it's paired.  (It pairs fine with an nVidia Shield TV and works nicely - even Voice Control - but they are both - generally speaking - Amazon devices)

My previous FTV Pendant 4K remote showed up as 'Amazon Fire TV Remote' (not 'AR') on my Mac but my ATV4K didn't see that at all?

Too bad, it would make for me the perfect remote for the ATV, especially for my child and wife.

So search continues...that remote was the ko criteria for the rest of the family here.

I even tried to use a Raspberry as a Bluetooth Keyboard connected to the ATV, but couldn‘t make it pair with the Xiaomi aftermarket remote.
(2018-12-01, 12:34)Vlaves Wrote: Too bad, it would make for me the perfect remote for the ATV, especially for my child and wife.

So search continues...that remote was the ko criteria for the rest of the family here.

I even tried to use a Raspberry as a Bluetooth Keyboard connected to the ATV, but couldn‘t make it pair with the Xiaomi aftermarket remote.

There is Harmony remote support (click)

The Apple TV can learn the button presses from most remotes. I use Harmony if I'm not using the normal remote, but if you have an old remote to some random device you never use, the Apple TV can learn the buttons and you can use it.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
@wrxrasy & @timstephens24: Thanks for the replay and the support. I know about the learning capabilities of the ATV and the Harmony support, but I‘m afraid that I want to make it too perfect. Infrared is too slow once you get used too the snapoyness of a bluetooth remote and the Harmony has too many buttons...I know, I know, wanting too much here I guess Big Grin
if Apple allowed steam, vp9 for 4k youtube and didnaway with the stupid touchpad I n the remote, it would be a perfect device.
On which Kodi version is the latest MrMC based on? Kodi 17.6 or Kodi 18 Leia?
(2018-12-11, 22:41)baba420 Wrote: On which Kodi version is the latest MrMC based on? Kodi 17.6 or Kodi 18 Leia?
 v16 with player code from v17. Some bits of v18 too.
The only thing I personally really miss when using MrMC, because it is Jarvis v16 based.
Is the Smart PVR searching / auto scheduling and recording functionality that Krypton v17 now has.

Maybe that extra v17 PVR functionality can be backported to MrMC as well ?

(2018-12-12, 04:00)wrxtasy Wrote: The only thing I personally really miss when using MrMC, because it is Jarvis v16 based.
Is the Smart PVR searching / auto scheduling and recording functionality that Krypton v17 now has.

Maybe that extra v17 PVR functionality can be backported to MrMC as well ?
 next release after 3.8....
Hi,

I want to change a little bit my system, but not sure if Apple TV is the right way.

My current Setup looks the following:

Server:
UnRaid Server with Emby

Client:
Sony Bravia 55XD8505 (Android TV with Amazon and Netflix App)
Yamaha RX-V681 with 5.1 Speaker setup + 2x Height Speaker (no Atmos or similar)
Odroid C2 with Kodi and Emby Plugin
Harmony Remote

What I do not like on the current setup is the follwoing:
1) Android TV on the Sony. Buggy and slow
2) Bigger Upgrades on Odroid Kodi. After last update (Kodi 8 to 9) I had a long downtime until I got Emby Plugin again working

*) Can the latest Apple TV support me with the issues? Can I use Kodi with Emby Plugin incl. 5.1 DD to Yamaha Receiver?
*) Is there still a limitation of the Amazon Prime Video App that it is not able to send 5.1 to the receiver?

Best Regards,
Johannes
It would be perfect were it not for Atmos/DTS-X being offlimits in bitstreaming.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Hi,

Atmos DTS-X is not an issue today, because I am using SOund Programs on my Yamaha AV Receiver. The RX-V681 is not able to support Sound Programs and ATMOS/DTS-X at the same time. Therefore I would need to invest a lot of money for a new AV Receiver, which is not an option today. So I am fine without ATMOS/DTS-X.

My only concern is, that I heard about an issue, that many Amazon Prime sources are now only 2.0 instead of 5.1, is it because of a bug of Apple TV or the Amazon App. But this would be really a bad situaton.

Br,
Johannes
And one last question:

As I am using Emby Server: Do I need Kodi with Emby Plugin on the Apple TV or can I use also the Emby App?
I am currently using Kodi on my Odroid only for Streaming from the Emby Server.

Br,
Johannes
(2019-03-18, 08:33)ebnerjoh Wrote: And one last question:

As I am using Emby Server: Do I need Kodi with Emby Plugin on the Apple TV or can I use also the Emby App?
I am currently using Kodi on my Odroid only for Streaming from the Emby Server.

Br,
Johannes
Ok, stupid. MrMC is the keyword :-)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2017 Apple TV 4K - using the Kodi fork - MrMC review2