2017 Apple TV 4K - using the Kodi fork - MrMC review
(2018-09-18, 17:28)Morien Wrote: But 3.7.0 has made some very odd design choices for the limited customisability of tvOS. Now pressing back once makes the "sort by, show all, update library" bar show up top (used to show along the left side, and was retrieved by pressing left) and you have to press back again to actually go back a level. Two presses of back is annoying when you accidentally venture into the wrong folder!
I actually like it, and it fits with tvOS and how other apps work. You can use Opacity instead of the new Ariana skin and then all that is gone.

(2018-09-18, 17:28)Morien Wrote: Also when you select a movie it doesn't just play, it goes to movie information. This is, I guess, more in line with tvOS design, but just an extra annoying button press before I get to watch something.

Too many clicks!
This was a request from multiple users on the TestFlight page. You can easily change it back in the settings.

(2018-09-18, 17:28)Morien Wrote: wrxtasy, I haven't updated to tvos12 yet, wasn't sure about a potential hit to performance for no benefit (I don't have an atmos receiver). You say it runs better?
I haven't had any issues. There's no downside to updating from 11.4 to 12.0, but the plus side is you'll get Atmos in iTunes/Netflix if you use those.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Apple TV 4K - using the Kodi fork - MrMC review - by timstephens24 - 2018-09-18, 19:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2017 Apple TV 4K - using the Kodi fork - MrMC review2