Solved No year or cast after scraping movies
Greetings.  Been a Kodi user for many years.  Recently, when I have been scraping my movies with TMDb scraper, half of the movies are without year or cast.  If I go into the movie information and refresh manually, in pops in the year and cast.  Any ideas why this is happening?  I've tried other scrapers and the same thing happens.
Debug Log.

Also check you are using the latest scraper. Have no idea what version Kodi you are using, so you need to check scraper version for yourself.

A lot to be said for providing proper info first up.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Using Kodi 17.6 and The Movie Database 5.1.3
debug file   https://paste.kodi.tv/cacikokihi
Thanks

A quick look at your log reveals you are using nfo files for many of the movies. When nfo files are detected, the scraper does not work. The scanner simply scans the data from the nfo file into the library.

Check your nfo files to ensure they contain the information that you state is missing.

xml:
DEBUG: GetMovieId (smb://DESKTOP/Movies 8/Atomic.Blonde.2017.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE[rarbg]/Atomic.Blonde.2017.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE.mkv), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=462
DEBUG: CSMBFile::Open - opened smb://DESKTOP/Movies 8/Atomic.Blonde.2017.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE[rarbg]/Atomic.Blonde.2017.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE.nfo, fd=10000
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Interesting.  That is probably it.  I'm going to experiment a bit with this.  Thanks Karellen!
Erased all my nfo's and re created them via a fresh export and all is well.  Smile
Great to hear. Smile I'll mark this is as solved.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No year or cast after scraping movies0