Kodi 18 Beta build - videos stutter
Hi! I have the same "video stutters" problem...
I was using kodi-20180915 nightly without any issue
so if updating i had that issue, i rolled back to that day  (kodi-20180915) nightly
yesterday i installed  kodi-20181006, again with video stutter issue but now i can't roll back to the kodi-20180915, the back-installation didn't work...
is there a way to do this thing? or i have to wait for the fix?
by the way, i tried whitelisting, but without any luck
I have always a stutter on some video with Nvidia Shield 2015. 
I use Latest build 

But when this appear one things works each time : I disable subtitle.   

If I enable subtitle again stutter appear immediately each 10s.

It can be interesting if other people with android can confirm this with the same simple test.

No sure but in my mind there is already a PR about that.

Perhaps this issue is already know and it is in a dev white list...

If not I can make some others test if asked

edit 1 : All my subtitle is a external srt file
(2018-10-09, 08:45)ellega Wrote: I use Latest build 
Please note that mentioning "the latest build" is not helpful in a situation where new software builds are created nightly, along with the beta builds and the stable build being available... So which is it?

I too have an Nvidia Shield 2015 and use external subtitles. The use of whitelisted resolutions/framerates stopped the stutters for me. Using Beta 3 at the moment. Perhaps you need to provide a proper debug log (wiki) so we can have a deeper look at your setup.
You are right about "the latest build". This can't help :-)

The night build version I have use is "kodi-20181004-0abc2014-master-arm64-v8a.apk" 

I use also whitelisted resolutions/framerates. 

My TV is full HD. So I have excluded all resolutions 720 and keeped all resolutions 1080 with all framerates. is it the good appraoch ?

I have a debug log from today. But I can't post him. It is too big (1553 ko)

I have try others free plateform for posting txt. All seems limited to 512 ko.
(2018-10-09, 08:45)ellega Wrote: But when this appear one things works each time : I disable subtitle.   

If I enable subtitle again stutter appear immediately each 10s.

Hi
I can confirm everything: I tried and even for me when I disable subs everything goes well, without stutter
I have an android tvbox, not recent, if useful i can find name and other things, like memory, but, as i wrote, everything went good until the nightly of 15.09.2018, then, when i tried the nightly of 22.09.2018, there was the stutter thing...i don't know what happened between these niglty builds
is it necessary to set something somewhere for this issue?
please, let me know what can i do to have this fixed
thanks
Boring as it may seem, provide a debug-enabled debug log (wiki) for starters, as we still don't have a crystal ball in our midst.
(2018-10-10, 08:17)Klojum Wrote: Boring as it may seem, provide a debug-enabled debug log (wiki) for starters, as we still don't have a crystal ball in our midst.
 I don't want boring you and thanks for your time in all case.
Is it possible to send you a link google drive in PM with log kodi zipped ?
Might be related to @peak3d's recent AMCS changes, see here.

You could try the following nightlies to verify:
20180919-2c44473e (64-bit for SHIELD)
20180918-fea8a299 (64-bit for SHIELD)

If I am right, build from 19th has the problem while build from the 18th doesn't have it.
(2018-10-10, 08:28)ellega Wrote: Is it possible to send you a link google drive in PM with log kodi zipped ?
PM, zipped, google drive..? Will there also be a password on the zip file? The short answer: no.

You sound like a member of the tin-foiled hat society... Will there be any information in your log file that must remain secret at all times?
(2018-10-10, 08:33)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-10-10, 08:28)ellega Wrote: Is it possible to send you a link google drive in PM with log kodi zipped ?
PM, zipped, google drive..? Will there also be a password on the zip file? The short answer: no.

You sound like a member of the tin-foiled hat society... Will there be any information in your log file that must remain secret at all times?   
Nope. Nothing is secret . Bad day today ?  Smile
Not sure to understand your answer.

If you re read my post here  I can't use tools  paste.kodi.tv because my log kodi is  "   TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG   ". thats all. 
I just wanted to find a solution. 

my fault I don't be clear enought with my english of Spanish cow.
But if someone has a solution for post log kodi too big without psychological commentary I will read with pleasur.
Try https://paste.ubuntu.com with larger files.
And big log files can also be split into smaller pieces (or is that too psychological for you?)
If my logs exceed the size limit of those pastebins, I upload it to my Dropbox and share the link here. Same can be done with Google Drive. Just make the file public and share the link.
Ok guys, thanks for your answers.

log : Kodi log

If it can be usefull :
- test video with subtitle and stutter start at 17:28:55.473
- same video smooth and subtitle disable start at 17:39:02.707

thanks again for your time
(2018-10-10, 08:29)CiNcH Wrote: Might be related to @peak3d's recent AMCS changes, see here.

If I am right, build from 19th has the problem while build from the 18th doesn't have it.
sorry CiNcH, it takes some time to try, 'cause i needed to start from scratch again...kodi can't rollback 'till that date, maybe because it was another beta (i was on beta 4, that ones were on beta 3...maybe)
but anyway i tried and you're right: with 20180919 i had the same issue we speak about, activating subtitles; but if i install the 20180918 everything goes well, without any problem
it's something between this two nightly builds
i hope this may help discover and fix this issue
thanks again, i look forward here to see if anybody fix it
(2018-10-14, 18:13)mik64 Wrote:
(2018-10-10, 08:29)CiNcH Wrote: Might be related to @peak3d's recent AMCS changes, see here.

sorry CiNcH, it takes some time to try, 'cause i needed to start from scratch again...kodi can't rollback 'till that date, maybe because it was another beta (i was on beta 4, that ones were on beta 3...maybe)
but anyway i tried and you're right: with 20180919 i had the same issue we speak about, activating subtitles; but if i install the 20180918 everything goes well, without any problem
it's something between this two nightly builds
i hope this may help discover and fix this issue
thanks again, i look forward here to see if anybody fix it 

1 - first test : I was able to reproduce the stutter issue with these 2 version kodi with all my settings restored (userdata, skin, addon etc). 
2 - second test : I have change completely my process. I need more time to really confirm this but I can't now reproduce any stutter.

For the second test I have used kodi with all by default . Only change :
- language / Région settings
- restored files MyVideos112.db, MyMusic72.db and thumbnail folders
- Adjust display refresh rate : on start/Stop

So I think the reason of stutter issue is more in something wrong in my settings or an addon than a bug in kodi himself (in my case)

The most interesting part is now to understand where is the source of the problem and why disable subtitle make video smooth.
Install each addon, restore each part of my "userdata" like before and see when the stutter issue appear.

I have never think the issue could be outside player/system settings. 
I use nothing special or banned by Kodi rule or tricky setting.

My setup in my "normal" use :

- All my Media is stored in HDD USB 
- Nvidia Shied 2015 (android 8.0.0) with all settings by default
  (1080p 59.940Hz) no root
- No AVR No Passthrough 
- TV Full HD

In general : Add-ons :

script.kodi.android.update
script.xbmcbackup
script.logviewer
script.keymap
service.subtitles.subscene
service.subtitles.opensubtitles

For Skin : Estuary MOD V2

Required Repositories :
- Guilouz-1.0.3.zip
- Marcelveldt's BETA Repository
- Rector Stuff Repository

Required Add-ons :
- Script SkinShortcuts 
- Skin Helper Service 
- Skin Helper Service Widgets
- Script Image Ressource Select 

Additionnal Add-ons :
- Artwork Beef  
- Artwork Helper 
- Script ExtendedInfo
- Skin Helper Service Color Picker
- Skin Helper Service Skin Backup 
- Script PlayAlbum 
- Global Search 
- Next Up Notification
- Youtube 
- Library Editor Script : 
- AutoCompletion for virtual keyboard 
- TV Show - Next Aired 

I m pretty sure there is an addon combined with a specific settings which make a tricky issue.
Not really sure to find. If yes I will post the result ...

thanks for reading Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 Beta build - videos stutter0