Delete subtitle files too (not only video files)
I know that i can delete local or remote files (like videos, photos, mp3's etc) through context's menu delete option but if i have e.g A Movie.mp4 along with Movie.srt file (the corresponding subtitle file) Kodi only deletes the movie file. It would be nice to have an option for KODI to delete subtitle files together with the movie file (*.srt, *.sub etc).

Just a thoughtSmile
(2018-09-07, 14:09)Haris1977 Wrote: I know that i can delete local or remote files (like videos, photos, mp3's etc) through context's menu delete option but if i have e.g A Movie.mp4 along with Movie.srt file (the corresponding subtitle file) Kodi only deletes the movie file. It would be nice to have an option for KODI to delete subtitle files together with the movie file (*.srt, *.sub etc).

Just a thoughtSmile

+1, please
I'll stand in the queue for this one, let's have the option of delete the movie file from library, "delete the movie from drive, then delete the entire folder from drive". Might be a bit dangerous in the wrong hands, but I live on the edge Smile Wonder if the part in quotes could be amalgamated into just "delete the folder from the drive" without consequences?

What would happen if Kodi goes rouge?
(2019-05-26, 06:35)PatK Wrote: I'll stand in the queue for this one, let's have the option of delete the movie file from library, "delete the movie from drive, then delete the entire folder from drive". Might be a bit dangerous in the wrong hands, but I live on the edge Smile Wonder if the part in quotes could be amalgamated into just "delete the folder from the drive" without consequences?

What would happen if Kodi goes rouge?
There is already a kodi add-on called after watch (for more info check here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=162770) that can delete both movies+subs+folders+images after you have watched a film.

The problem is that while it works most of the times, there are some specific movie files (at least for me) that this addon can not delete.

Of course this is an external addon and a built in "delete" function would be much preferableSmile
(2019-05-26, 09:51)Haris1977 Wrote: built in "delete" function would be much preferable
The add-on is a step too far, I want a feature; mainly for ease of file maintenance, moving and shoving folders around which I do manually with the o/s by copy & deletions. It would be nice if the Kodi requester that deletes the file, could just delete the folder instead, but I understand there is some users that want the empty folder with artwork "show empty TV shows" and there is a lot of arguments to support that view.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete subtitle files too (not only video files)0