Variables based on ListItem TAG won't work in Various list views
I am hoping to streamline some thing in my library with my custom skin. I know how to use tags for things like playlists and as variables for certain icons in the DialogueVideoInfo screen. However on any list type screen these icons based on tags do not work. The only method of having something like this work on the list views is to use the filename and path feature, like for denoting Blu-ray as a source flag icon.

Is there something in the skinning code that prevents the list views from using tags for variable conditions? Is there anything I can do to correct something that may be wrong? For the most basic example I'd rather us a tag in the library database (and individual .nfo files) to denote the source as Blu-ray, or audio as Atmos rather than extended file names. If that will work there's a ton of other possibilities. 

Thanks for any advice!
A lot of views but no one has any ideas. If it's a limitation within Kodi then that's ok. Would just like to find out.

But hopefully this other question can find some advice. I am using UMS to scrape Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic and TMDB scores into each movie's nfo. I have set up icons for these in the DialogueMovieInfo screen. The problem I can't seem to resolve through researching on my own is how to convert the scraped decimal score to a percentage or simple 2-digit number as is displayed on all these sites? Is there a string that will multiple the rating into by 10 to move the decimal point away?

Cheers!
I want to expand upon this a little further because I can't seem to find an answer through searching and the Google and such.

On the main list views for your library Kodi will pull information for the skin from in info about each media item. Studio, IMDb rating, MPAA rating, Year etc. It pulls that info directly from the ListItem(Variable) skin code. However, in your main list view (wall, showcase, logo or what ever you have come up with) Kodi can not read info from a <tag>. It can pull from <filename> but as I understand it this requires Kodi to constantly talk to the storage locations of the media. As my library grows and I add more and more hard drives I'd like to eliminate any unneeded spinning up just to read file name information. I'd also like to make my library look "prettier" but that's just me being vain.

This also means that if I want to add any other flags to my skin that are not apart of the media information outside of the <tag> I have to use the filename naming method to have them appear. If I want a Marvel logo to pop up when I've scrolled to it in the list view, or designate an Academy Award winner with a trophy or something. This means filenames get longer and longer with more variables possibly requiring additional wear on my hard drives.

Is this a limitation within Kodi? I am currently using the MVC fork of Kodi 17.6 because I have 2 installations on 3D TV's/projectors and want all instances of Kodi I use running in as close to the same manner as possible. If this is a problem within Kodi has it been addressed moving to version 18?

I also understand Kodi does something similar (reading from storage) for artwork on a regular basis rather than from the cache database Kodi creates. Is there a method to stop this practice as well?
Really hoping to gain an understanding of what part of Kodi these tags are not recognized/read through. It seems to be creating another issue while trying to work out a visible. I created a great list to show on top of DialogeVideoInfo but visibles based on ListItem.Tag will not work. Other metadata from the ListItem does work but it seems Kodi just doesn't like using Tags.

Is this built into Kodi for some specific functionality reason? It seems odd that certain views and strings can easily read metadata tags while others can not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Variables based on ListItem TAG won't work in Various list views0