Solved thin green line flickering on 25 fps movie with kodi 18 beta
Hi guys

I have a small bug on 25 fps movie with kodi beta 1  (the problem doesn't occur on windows system with kodi 18 beta and doesn't occur on linux with kodi 17.6)
My rig : q9550 , AMD RX460 , ubuntu 18.04 (all drivers uptodate)

I ve some old files encoded in 25 fps (especially in low resolution , and only few in 720p) :  When I try to read a file encoded in 25fps , I have a thin green line flickering in the bottom of my TV.
I found a solution for 720p 25 fps : I added 720p50hz in white list and no more problem.

But on old movies , espcially 640x480 or smaller res ( or weird res like 720x404 (documentary) ) , I cant choose the resolution in white list Sad
I had no problem with these movies in kodi 17.6 (or kodi 18 beta 1 under windows system) , it s very strange , problem seems to occur on linux system only.

Tonight I ll post a log when I read a movie encoded in 25fps but if you have any ideas , thank u very much.
Hi guys ,

here the log for a file (25fps) which has the problem :
https://pastebin.com/4neTvA8c

problem occurs only on 25fps movies which doesn't have whitelist on linux (especially weir resolution like 640*300 etc...)

I dont have this problem on kodi on windows10

thanks for all if you have any ideas

edit : same problem on beta 2 kodi for Linux
(2018-09-13, 23:14)marcorel Wrote: here the log for a file (25fps)
That's an incomplete log file. Problems can start at any moment.

Enable debugging, restart Kodi, reproduce the problem, and provide the full debug log. Thanks.
Might be a VAAPI problem with your AMD-CARD. Start kodi like this and test with VDPAU:
KODI_GL_INTERFACE=GLX kodi
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi guys ,

thank u for all your answer.
@fritsch : ok I ll try this tonight but If I launch with vdpau , I think I ll lose full decode HEVC 10 bits
@Klojum : ok , I ll try to upload a complete log next time I launch 25 fps movie
Yes, you will loose it. But as you did not provide a full Debug Log I could not suggest anything else.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
oki no problem , I ll check all these things tonight Wink
thank u again
Hi guys ,

here the full debug log :
https://pastebin.com/9s3FVWg9
just after enabled debug  Wink
the file in 25 fps is : Hokuto.No.Ken.La.Legende.De.Raoh.Vol01.MULTI.DVDRIP.X264-BOOLZ/blz-lldrvol01ep01.mkv
(still in vaapi , I ll check tonight for test with VDPAU)

thanks for all if you have an idea
This isn't a complete Debug log (wiki).
(2018-09-14, 19:14)marcorel Wrote: here the full debug log :
It's simple... Don't cut off the header or tail ends of your log file. Or any other part. Send in the whole unedited log.
ok , I believed it was better just after enabled debug mode ,  cos actually my kodi log has many and many lines since the beginning !
Tomorrow , I restart my kodi and I ll provide the full log log since the start with the problem on a 25fps movie  , no problem Wink
ok , here the debug log :
https://pastebin.com/CxcP7TiH

I completely restarted kodi , enabled debug mode , launched a 25 fps movie for few seconds - of course I saw the thin green line- , stopped the movie and finally stopped debug mode.
Please set your screen resolution to 1920x1080 @ 50 hz and disable Adjust Refreshrate please. Does it go away?
yes !!!!! it goes away when I set my TV to 1080p 50hz  , absolutely no problem with 25 fps movie , no more thin green line on screen  (whatever the resolution of my "old" movie : 640x300 , 700x400 etc etc...)
(but I must go back to 4k60hz Wink )
do you have any idea of this problem ?  
(on kodi 18 beta under windows 10 , no problem with 25 fps movie when my tv is set to 4k60hz)
Not sure why you "must go back" as kodi's GUI has no 4k textures and scaling is quite primitive. Also for 4k resolutions it switches up automatically.

Never the less: Switch back to 4k@ 60 if you really want to, then go to the Whitelist and unselect 3840x2160 25 hz and try again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
thin green line flickering on 25 fps movie with kodi 18 beta0