• 3(current)
Deprecated Weatherbit.io
Trouble again it said to see log here it is: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/KTrDRB3s35/
thx, but could you please follow the instructions in the first post for your log?
the error alone is not enough info for me.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hello,

Having problem since yesterday.

old log: yabuhutoca (paste)
Log: adigoyatel (paste)
thanx, same issue as @Ices 

it might have been a temporary flux on their end, or perhaps an intermittent issue... as i can't repo it at this moment.
but i will add some code to the addon to handle this exception.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi Ronie yeah it seems to be  a temporarily intermittent issue. I Started Kodi this morning it was fine then I got the error after like 40 mins. Decided to post a log. So I did the logging thing and restarted Kodi and waiting for weather page, it them appeared lol.
Hi again keeps happening now here is my log https://paste.kodi.tv/opogureroy.kodi
a different issue, but annoying nonetheless...
mind testing this version for a bit? weather.weatherbit.io-0.0.10.zip
@ronie 

Found my problem and not related to the addon. My ISP assigned me an IP address that was previously black-listed. Using a VPN I can bypass the problem.
@ronie 

Installed version 0.0.10 for fun...now working without VPN. Was not expecting this.
Hey ronie,

I am getting a new error of just the past couple of days Oct. 26, 27 & 28th.
It had worked flawlessly since it's original release until now suddenly. I get the on screen "weatherbit.io has had an error see the log" (that's not exact)
Here is the error:

12:08:53.297 T:20096   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: Failed to import _strptime because the import lockis held by another thread.
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\iblong\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 474, in <module>
                                                forecast(locationname, locationdeg)
                                              File "C:\Users\iblong\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 234, in forecast
                                                current_props(current_weather,loc)
                                              File "C:\Users\iblong\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 301, in current_props
                                                set_property('Today.Sunrise'            , convert_time('%s %s' % (data['data'][0]['ob_time'][0:10], data['data'][0]['sunrise'])))
                                              File "C:\Users\iblong\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.weatherbit.io\default.py", line 117, in convert_time
                                                date_time = time.strptime(str(date_time)[0:16], '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M')
                                            ImportError: Failed to import _strptime because the import lockis held by another thread.
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Thanks for the help!
can you test this version please: weather.weatherbit.io-0.0.10.zip
Yes.....I sure will!

Thank you for getting us a new weather add-on created!

UPDATE:
The version(0.0.10) I have been testing has not had an issue, it looks like it's good to go!

Thanks
Hi Ronnie,
i'm pretty old for this stuff but i thought I would share this experience with you.  I have followed your instructions version (0.0.10) and script.openweathermap.maps-0.2.2.zip to the letter; one thing at a time closing and restarting Kodi (17.6) with each change.  My last change was entering the API key for maps from Openweathermaps.org  As soon as I did so and hit OK Kodi crashed.  Note prior to this the weather was working correctly; just no maps.  A restart and 15 seconds later crash.  After several start/crashes I was fast enough (difficult enough at my age) to navigate to settings and change Services - Weather to" none" and for now Kodi does not crash, but I have no weather app either. I have since been able to go to My Addons-Weather-Weatherbit.io-Configure and verify that I have entered the API key(s) correctly.  Your thoughts when you have a moment?
Forgot to give you my settings file

<settings>
    <setting id="API" value="82XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX655" />
    <setting id="Debug" value="false" />
    <setting id="LatLon" value="true" />
    <setting id="Location1" value="Tillsonburg (CA)" />
    <setting id="Location1ID" value="" />
    <setting id="Location1deg" value="[&apos;42.8604&apos;, &apos;-80.7228&apos;]" />
    <setting id="Location2" value="Aylmer (CA)" />
    <setting id="Location2ID" value="" />
    <setting id="Location2deg" value="[&apos;42.7732&apos;, &apos;-80.9837&apos;]" />
    <setting id="Location3" value="" />
    <setting id="Location3ID" value="" />
    <setting id="Location3deg" value="" />
    <setting id="Location4" value="" />
    <setting id="Location4ID" value="" />
    <setting id="Location4deg" value="" />
    <setting id="Location5" value="" />
    <setting id="Location5ID" value="" />
    <setting id="Location5deg" value="" />
    <setting id="MAPAPI" value="&amp;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXe7c" />
    <setting id="WMaps" value="true" />
    <setting id="Zoom" value="4" />
</settings>
kodi crashes are not my department i'm afraid.
i'd suspect it might have something to do with kodi's python pil module, which is know to misbehave on some platforms.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weatherbit.io0