Almost always some problem scraping anime- this time "Sankarea"
Can someone help me scrape the anime series "Sankarea"? TVDB has it named "Sankarea: Undying Love". I can't use that because the OS won't let me use a colon. So I have it named "Sankarea Undying Love" as suggested by a thread about illegal characters. And yes I have a folder inside the series-titled folder called "Season 1". And yes I have the files inside the season folder named "Sankarea Undying Love S01E0x". Any ideas how to get this to scrape properly? And is AniDB(mod) scraper broken? I tried it as a possible solution to this issue, but it reports that it can't connect to the server over and over. Anybody know of an awesome anime scraper add-on?
I had no problems scraping this show. I named it Sankarea Undying Love and the episodes Sankarea Undying Love S01E01 and I used Aired Order.

Provide a Debug Log if you want assistance.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
uhinezecep (paste)
pretty sure that last one would lack detail. This one has everything turned on. I also made a point of removing the source and attempting to add again.
umopepikel (paste)
I don't know why you are having trouble, but it is something in your setup. I have scraped that show twice now and had no problem.

For some reason, your scraper is trying to scrape this show... https://www.thetvdb.com/series/dan-mace-season-1 which is obviously incorrect.

You have the correct folder and file names. You have the correct scraper version.

In this path, what have you set as the Source in Kodi? (I think this is your problem)
xml:
/Volumes/WD 4TB/backups/anime/Sankarea Undying Love/Season 1/Sankarea Undying Love S01E01.mkv'

Post a screenshot of your TVDB Settings page. Make sure you access it from Videos>Files>Your Source then Context Menu>Change Content. DO NOT go through the Add-ons pages.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I used "browse" to fill in the source, if I'm understanding the question, so Kodi filled in that path.

(2018-09-13, 01:23)mistergreen Wrote: I used "browse" to fill in the source, if I'm understanding the question, so Kodi filled in that path.

Ok, there is your mistake.

You are telling Kodi to look in the folder named Sankarea Undying Love for any TV Shows. So the first TV Show it comes across is something called Season 1 which is why you were scraping the wrong show.

Does this mean that you have a Source for every single TV Show (and possibly movie)? If yes, then this is wrong.

In the above example, your Source should be /Volumes/WD 4TB/backups/anime/. Then Kodi will look in anime for all your TV Shows, and it does not matter how many different TV Shows are in there, as long as they are all in their own folder.

Look at the image here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...how_Folder and it is good idea to read through that guide.
My Signature
I should also add that if you need to set Source on a particular show then ensure you have enabled the setting...

Selected folder contains a single TV show

as shown in image Step 9b here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...how_Folder

This tells Kodi to look at that folder name for the TV Show, not in the folder.
My Signature
So are you saying I actually can't do this single-source thing for the odd show I want to watch from backup to avoid copying huge files? I've totally misunderstood what a "source" is to Kodi. It seems like the only sources should be "TV shows", "Movies", and "Music"? (which is how everything else is set up, so no I don't have 100s of sources haha has anyone ever done that?) From what you've said, it seems like whether I set source to the folder containing the show or the season 1 folder, it won't work. Is *inside* the season 1 folder a valid path? Or is the whole idea of setting a temporary source to watch one show from backup just a bad idea in general, and I should just copy the files? Or is the "contains single show" setting, (which i didn't think was important at all) a simple fix for all of this? Like if it's just "source A", Kodi will be looking for shows in the most general way possible, but if it's the same source with the "1 show" setting on, then it will suddenly smarten up and look at the name? Why does it look for *any* shows in a folder called "Sankarea Undying Love"? I'm a little confused as to why it doesn't understand that the folder is the name of the show, but overall I get what you're saying. I see how scanning my anime folder would work, but I don't want to do that (don't want to scroll through every anime i've ever watched in kodi). So it seems like the answer is either copy the show into my TV folder and let it scan normally like everything else i'm watching, or use the "contains one show" function. Is that right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Almost always some problem scraping anime- this time "Sankarea"0